Bug Report Crash problem and sound questions

Gamewolf

So I switched to the multi platform to use my hauppauge hd pvr 2 gaming edition plus capture card, and when it works I must say that it works very well, however I keep getting these random crashes from time to time, there is no set intervall as at one point I managed to finish and record my 1 hour speedrun without it crashing, while at other times it crashes five seconds after I start obs mp ( there has been a lot of inbetween also like working a couple of minutes or maybe 10 - 20 mins). I can't use the upload last log feature either (I get unable to init SSL Context) so here is what I get when it copies to the clipboard

Out of memory while trying to allocate 4294965760 byte ( When I look at the older crahs logs they say basically the same thing but just a slight variance in the amount of bytes that it is trying to allocate)

Also just a question about sound, is there yet a push to talk feature implemented that I am just not finding or is that for a future update?

Last edited:

Gamewolf

I have still not been able to find either a solution to the problem or the source off it. The only thing I can say is that it seems to work well the first time I open obs but when I later try to record again the problem gets much more frequent. Maybe it's a memory leak or something that is filling upp som certain part, if something isn't deleted/cleaned up correctly? I have never worked with any project as big as obs so 'm not really sure.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I need to do two things:

1.) I need to fix the decoding of devices so that it'll properly drop frames, I think some systems are having trouble decoding it leading to frames being buffered too much which can cause this memory problem. It never happens with other devices at the moment, just seems to be the h264 devices.

2.) Need to fix the log uploading issue, right now it depends on OpenSSL which is unfortunately not something we can distribute, so I need to make it use the operating system-specific HTTP APIs to ensure that we can access HTTPS.

Gamewolf

I need to do two things:

1.) I need to fix the decoding of devices so that it'll properly drop frames, I think some systems are having trouble decoding it leading to frames being buffered too much which can cause this memory problem. It never happens with other devices at the moment, just seems to be the h264 devices.

2.) Need to fix the log uploading issue, right now it depends on OpenSSL which is unfortunately not something we can distribute, so I need to make it use the operating system-specific HTTP APIs to ensure that we can access HTTPS.

h264 device? are you talking about my capture card or something else? Also after some testing it seems like the first time i turn on the program and use it it lasts for a much longer time, I had it work for probably something like 2 hours now earlier today. Then the same crash.

Also still wondering about the push to talk thing :)

Gamewolf

A small note, 32 bit version of the program yields the same error. Don't know if it is of any help but can't hurt to tell I guess.

Gamewolf

PTT will come in a future update and yea h264 device means your capture card.

So since my program crashed when I was trying to stream LoL, does this mean that scenes that are not currently used are still active? Since I got the same crash there while not activly using the capture card as it was in another scene.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The reason why it's happening is because OBS-MP doesn't current drop frames (from a decoding standpoint) if it takes too long to decode the frames from your device. If it happens too much, it'll accumulate too many frames and use too much memory. That's my fault. I think I may be able to push out a temporary fix for this in 0.10.0. Sorry about the delay on that.

Gamewolf

The reason why it's happening is because OBS-MP doesn't current drop frames (from a decoding standpoint) if it takes too long to decode the frames from your device. If it happens too much, it'll accumulate too many frames and use too much memory. That's my fault. I think I may be able to push out a temporary fix for this in 0.10.0. Sorry about the delay on that.

Well I get that your busy, and it's a free program after all :) Any estimate on when 0.10.0 is gonna be released? like are we talking early this month, late this month, next month, a couple of months?

Gamewolf

So I tried downloading and using 0.10, seem to be the same issue, I just left it open in the background (not streaming or recording and not even having the capture card active) and it still crashes after a little while with the same kind of error

Out of memory while trying to allocate 4294965536 byte

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yea I'm going to take a look at this before next update. Sorry about the delay on it.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Also could you give me a log file and tell me what device you're using with it, along with its resolution/fps/etc? 4294965536 seems.. a bit much. That definitely seems wrong.

Gamewolf

Also could you give me a log file and tell me what device you're using with it, along with its resolution/fps/etc? 4294965536 seems.. a bit much. That definitely seems wrong.

Code:
13:56:34: OBS 0.10.0 (64bit, windows)
13:56:35: CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
13:56:35: CPU Speed: 3292MHz
13:56:35: Physical Cores: 4, Logical Cores: 4
13:56:35: Physical Memory: 8170MB Total, 5513MB Free
13:56:35: Windows Version: 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
13:56:35: audio settings reset:
    samples per sec: 44100
    speakers:        2
    buffering (ms):  1000

13:56:35: ---------------------------------
13:56:35: Initializing D3D11..
13:56:35: Available Video Adapters: 
13:56:35:     Adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
13:56:35: Loading up D3D11 on adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (0)
13:56:35: D3D11 loaded sucessfully, feature level used: 45056
13:56:36: video settings reset:
    base resolution:   1920x1080
    output resolution: 1920x1080
    fps:               60/1
    format:            NV12
13:56:42: No blackmagic support
13:56:42: Failed to start search for DeckLink devices
13:56:43: output 'adv_stream' (rtmp_output) created
13:56:43: output 'adv_file_output' (flv_output) created
13:56:43: encoder 'recording_h264' (obs_x264) created
13:56:43: encoder 'streaming_h264' (obs_x264) created
13:56:43: encoder 'adv_aac0' (ffmpeg_aac) created
13:56:43: encoder 'adv_aac1' (ffmpeg_aac) created
13:56:43: encoder 'adv_aac2' (ffmpeg_aac) created
13:56:43: encoder 'adv_aac3' (ffmpeg_aac) created
13:56:43: service 'default_service' (rtmp_common) created
13:56:43: WASAPI: Device 'Mikrofon (2- Samson C01U              )' initialized
13:56:43: source 'Mic/Aux' (wasapi_input_capture) created
13:56:43: source 'HD Capture Card Test' (scene) created
13:56:43: source 'Capture Card' (dshow_input) created
13:56:43: source 'Beskär' (crop_filter) created
13:56:43: source 'Splits' (window_capture) created
13:56:43: source 'Färgfilter' (color_key_filter) created
13:56:43: source 'Layout' (image_source) created
13:56:43: source 'CamReplacement' (image_source) created
13:56:43: source 'SpeedRunCom' (image_source) created
13:56:43: source 'LoL' (scene) created
13:56:43: source 'Game' (game_capture) created
13:56:43: Update check failed: Unable to init SSL Context: 
13:56:44: Capture Card: Video configuration failed

here's the log file, I think that has all the information you wanted, otherwise just tell me what more you need. The device I am using is a hauppauge hd pvr 2 gaming edition plus. But it hasn't even been on for the tests I have done with version 10. It's pliugged into the computer but not into the power jack. The program still crashes after a couple of minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: