"Boom" as a desktop sound source

tadywankenobi

Hi there,

Just thought I'd give some feedback on this. I was looking up adding desktop sounds to my recordings and saw mention of WavTap. I already use Boom (a Mac graphic equaliser that works REALLY well and really boosts the sound on my iMac) so I figured there HAD to be a way to use that instead of having to get a third piece of software (I also already have Soundflower installed) that I'd have to switch between and more to the point, I'd have to remember to switch between when making recordings. I played around with the settings and discovered if I set a second Mic/Auxiliary Audio Device 2 to 'BoomDevice', the recordings now pick up my desktop sound. It takes a bit of balancing and some trial and error, but it works really great.

Boom is a paid app ($3.99 at time of writing as a half price sale) but well worth having in any case.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id415312377?mt=12

Couldn't add to the previous post about recording desktop sound, so I thought I'd add the feedback here anyway.

Hope this helps some!

T

P.S. I am not a Boom rep or anything like that, just someone who enjoys getting the best sound from my machine!