Bug Report BlackMagic Intensity support?

Nightwalker

R1CH said:
I've found the Directshow device sound from the BMI will slowly desync over time (in VDub / XSplit), does this happen for you too? I end up just splitting and capturing via 3.5mm line in.

In XSplit, I have seen a very slight delay. In a program like Wirecast, I haven't seen any at all. I have hope that this broadcaster software Jim is making will not have this issue, since he actually seems to care about the issues people experience. In the countless times this has been reported to XSplit, they don't really seem to care or do anything about it.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't happen. desync is something I hate.

Sylvex

R1CH said:
I've found the Directshow device sound from the BMI will slowly desync over time (in VDub / XSplit), does this happen for you too? I end up just splitting and capturing via 3.5mm line in.

It used to be desynced in XSplit really badly but one of the updates right before release (I think) made it at least unnoticeable for me. Wirecast never had the issue as far as I could tell. Currently Ive been using XSplit as a monitor for my PS3 because of hardware issues and after hours of playing everything seems fine (no input or audio delay), but often I'm not streaming when I do.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
updates one what, specifically? there were a lot of topics covered in this thread so forgive me for my confusion.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You need to configure it to make the driver expose different resolutions. It will only expose whatever input you set it to.

AndehX

I have an intensity pro. You should be using AmarecTV. It works flawlessly with the intensity pro, and you can use OBS's screen region feature to capture the AmarecTV window.

m00sician

In case this is still relevant, OBS works perfectly fine with my Blackmagic Intensity Pro since I first used it when it was 0.442 or something.

I just add a Video Capture Device with these settings:
http://i.imgur.com/QTccZ.jpg

And since my computer isn't the best I just reduce the base resolution in OBS video settings to 640x360, click on the video capture device, select "fit to screen" and voila, it works:
http://i.imgur.com/dRtwc.jpg

As for sound, I connected my BLM so a seperate monitor I use to game which also has a sound output, so I use a 3,5mm AUX cable to get the sound back through the line-in of my soundcard. If you connect your stuff through component you might find a Y cable helpful.

Edit:
Oh, make sure you have restarted your PC and you have the latest drivers. Even though BLM worked fine for me most of the time, it also can be quite a pain get finally get it to work when it suddenly stops working. If it works don't touch anything. If it doesnt, restart and update your drivers.