Bug Report After 20min Crashes (desktop freeze, sound works)

Versatiled

So the desktop freezes all the sound still plays. I don't know what it is but only when i stream like after 20min it does it ...

Versatiled

Sadly it doesn't pop up with that, it just crashes and everything freezes, causes me to hold the sleep button in to force shutdown, if your wondering I'm running at the latest OSX and latest OBS. (Mavericks not Yosemite Beta)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Wait, the entire system? Or do you just mean OBS itself? When the entire system freezes it usually doesn't mean a software issue, but rather a hardware-related issue, anything from overheating, to faulty equipment (though macs all have the same equipment so equipment issues are pretty rare relative to windows machines), to driver issues. User level programs can't really cause this sort of thing to happen directly.

Versatiled

Well, it only happens after 20 minutes when OBS is open. i don't know if its hardware. It shouldn't be had this mac for like 1 and 3 quarters of a year...

Its a iMac 2012 Late edition model btw

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hm, not sure. I have to admit I'm still somewhat new when it comes to dealing with macs, so I don't know how common these sort of things are, but then again they are essentially the same hardware as PCs these days so their behavior shouldn't be too different.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what I can do to help in the case of a freeze, the only thing I could do is speculate based upon what sort of stuff you're doing in the program. Does it happen if you just have the program open (and not streaming)? Or, does it only happen if you're streaming? That could be one way to help indicate whether it's coming from the CPU side of things or the GPU side of things.

MissDoItBig

I don't know about Versatiled but this is what I was talking about. While I'm streaming my OBS programs freezes during the stream. Audio is fine but the program just freezes. I can switch scenes and it still won't show anything on the screen. It happens like 10-30 mins into the stream.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
MissDoltBig - well his entire computer is freezing, not obs itself. Could you give me a log file of your problem MissDoltBig?

Versatiled

Do i need Sound Flower installed? might be a script not run? after time or a certain piece of code in there realising that sound flower's not in a directory?