xObsRemoteStats - "Stats" window for remote OBS instances

Free xObsRemoteStats - "Stats" window for remote OBS instances v1.3

1606018388175.png

This tool mimics the original "Stats" window in OBS (View -> Stats from main menu) but shows data from a remote OBS instance using WebSockets.
I have written it for myself to be able to see the stats window on my streaming PC, which is in a different room than my main PC.

L̲i̲m̲i̲t̲a̲t̲i̲o̲n̲s̲
- items currently shown with a question mark are currently not exposed by obs-websocket, therefore xObsRemoteStats cannot show them
- the "Heartbeat" data would contain some of this information but is marked as deprecated, see here for more details on this issue: https://github.com/Palakis/obs-websocket/issues/616
- the logic that turns some labels bold and/or orange/red when below certain thresholds (e.g. lower FPS than configured) is missing or not the same as in the original window
- the window cannot be resized
- the "Reset" button only works for the xObsRemoteStats window, it doesn't reset the stats in OBS itself
- due to different query intervals the stats shown will always be a bit off from the original stats, this is normal behavior!
- the tool doesn't have much error handling code, let's just hope nothing goes wrong ;-)

O̲p̲e̲r̲a̲t̲i̲n̲g̲ ̲S̲y̲s̲t̲e̲m̲
This software has been tested on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Windows Server 2019 64 bit and Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
In theory using the Mono Framework it could work even on MacOS or Linux, but this hasn't been tested and no guarantees whatsoever can be given.
Feel free to let me know what worked for you and what didn't.

P̲r̲e̲r̲e̲q̲u̲i̲s̲i̲t̲e̲s̲
- .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Windows)
- OBS 26.0.2 or higher
- obs-websocket 4.8 installed and enabled in OBS, get it from: https://github.com/Palakis/obs-websocket/releases/tag/4.8.0 (4.9.0 works too, but 5.X.X or higher won't)

I̲n̲s̲t̲a̲l̲l̲a̲t̲i̲o̲n̲
- make sure the obs-websocket plug-in is enabled in OBS (Main menu -> Tools -> WebSockets Server Settings -> Enable WebSockets Server)
- extract all files from the ZIP to an empty folder
- make a copy of xObsRemoteStats.conf.example and rename it to xObsRemoteStats.conf
- open xObsRemoteStats.conf with a text editor and configure everything to your needs
- create a shortcut to xObsRemoteStats.exe if you wish, e.g. on your desktop

U̲p̲d̲a̲t̲e̲
- overwrite all files in the existing folder with the files from the ZIP file
- open xObsRemoteStats.conf.example with a text editor and check for potential new configuration settings, copy them over to xObsRemoteStats.conf as needed

U̲s̲a̲g̲e̲
- run the OBS remote instance xObsRemoteStats is configured to connect to
- run xObsRemoteStats.exe directly or the shortcut you have created during installation
- xObsRemoteStats will automatically try to connect to the configured OBS WebSocket address
- in cases it loses connection to OBS it will automatically try to reconnect every few seconds
- the window will save its position on exit and restore it on startup - this is saved in the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\xObsRemoteStats
- to exit the program either close the stats form (if option ExitOnFormClose is set to "true") or right click the tray icon and select "Exit" from the menu

C̲h̲a̲n̲g̲e̲l̲o̲g̲

v1.0 (2020-11-22):
- initial release
- shows all values that the original OBS stats window shows, except "Disk full in (approx.)", "Total Data Output" for "Stream" and "Recording", "Bitrate" for "Recording"
- in addition has a status line similar to that from the OBS main window, showing the streaming and recording status and elapsed time
- the window remembers its position and restores it on next startup
Author
YorVeX
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from YorVeX

Latest updates

1. v1.3 Release

Changelog: v1.3 (2021-05-12): - added new config option Title to set a custom title - added new...
  2. v1.2 release

Changelog: v1.2 (2021-05-04): - it is now possible to run multiple instances of this program...
  3. v1.1 release

Changelog: v1.1 (2020-12-02): - added colored congestion indicator similar to that from the OBS...