Source Code URL
https://github.com/norihiro/obs-vnc
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
  2. Mac OS X
  3. Linux
Features
This plugin provides a source that displays a remote desktop of VNC.

Binary packages
Binary files for Windows and MacOS are ready.
The provided binary requires OBS Studio 26.0.0 or later (macOS and Windows), OBS Studio 27.0.0 or later (Linux). If you build from source, it should work with OBS-Studio 24.

What is VNC
VNC is a system to display and control remote desktop using RFB protocol.
MacOS natively support RFB as a Screen Sharing service.
There are some implementations of VNC server for Windows and Linux.

VNC is a lightweight system to display and control the remote desktop through the Internet even over the countries.
If you want to display movies for example, I recommend to use NDI Tools + obs-ndi or hdmi + capture device.

Donations
You can donate to me via PayPal, GitHub, or Ko-fi.
Reactions: roycordero
Author
norihiro
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from norihiro

Latest updates

1. VNC Plugin 0.6.0

This is an experimental release of VNC Plugin for OBS Studio. Changes in 0.6.0 [Windows only]...
  2. VNC Plugin 0.5.0

This is an experimental release of VNC Plugin for OBS Studio. Changes in 0.5.0 Switched build...
  3. VNC Source 0.4.0 is released

This is a minor release of OBS VNC Source. Send SendFramebufferUpdateRequest based on...

Latest reviews

Works great. Worked completely as expected. Saved me a lot of time setting up a separate VNC client and doing a window capture
norihiro
norihiro
Thank you for putting a review.
Btw, just in case if you have some knowledge in C and interested in headless operation, libvncserver is also a good tool. It includes sample codes written in C to capture and save to image file and video file.