If you tried everything in this guide and are still having issues, please make a post on the forums or stop by the OBS Discord server.
GPU selection for AMD based laptops
- This guide will show you how to select the graphics card OBS is running on using the native control panel from AMD.
- It is valid if you are running Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 prior to version 1903.
- If you run Windows 10 1903 or newer, use this guide instead.
We recommend to run Windows 10 1903 or newer on AMD switchable GPU laptops. The Windows 10 method is more reliable and easier to setup then using the AMD control panel.
- Close OBS if it is currently open
Follow the Official AMD support documentation on how to add OBS to run on a specific GPU.
- The default paths for the executable of OBS are:
- 64-bit OBS (default):
- 32-bit OBS:
C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\32bit\obs32.exe
For Display Capture
- Choose "Power Saving" option
For Window Capture and Game Capture
- Choose "High Performance" option