Automatic Scene changer.

Johandsom3

Hi. How about an integrated automatic scene changer?

You have Game capture, and when it doesnt find a game, you get a black screen. What if instead of getting a black screen and OBS saying "cannot find window" it will automatically change to a scene of your choosing?

Sorry for my bad english.

Smoky

If you add another source into the scene - maybe screen for your desktop and game capture for a game, and/or another game capture for another game obs will automatically switch between these scenes.

e.g.: when I'm streaming LoL I got the screen capture for the champion pick only, when I'm starting the game it changes to the game capture source and will run in fullscreen instead of this little window.

So, the scenes aren't really needed - only if you're using different overlays for your webcam/screen etc

NoSFeRaTU

Johandsom3 said:
Really? will have to try this when i come home :)
Yeah, Software Capture+Game Capture on one scene looks like that.
Only limitations of that approach that on alt+tab it will show frozen game capture picture(if game runs in fullscreen) not layers under it.

Bensam123

Hopefully more DXtory like functionality will eventually be added to OBS game source. DXtory does what you're talking about. Basically any screen in focus will be captured, unless you're already capturing something, so it's really easy to swap between sources.

That's one of the big things that's keeping me from using OBS gamesource. It's very convenient. Neat plugin btw Johna.