In Game FPS Monitor

Bensam123

I requested this back last year, not sure if it was forgotten about. Could you guys consider adding a in game FPS monitor like DXtory? Where it shows the in game FPS and then the recording FPS on top of it as well as a color change when recording and when not. I know OBS displays recording FPS on the application itself, but it'd be nice to have a overlay.

alvinhochun

Just some insight of implementing this for OpenGL:

I had tried to hook wglSwapBuffers using EasyHook in C# to do both capture and fps display before. I believe OBS now also do the same thing in order to capture OpenGL games, just without the fps display part.

However, what I basically implemented is to display the fps counter using pre-OpenGL 3.1 default pipeline, and it breaks custom shaders. I would like to remind any developer to beware of this: the code need to be compatible with both pre-OpenGL 3.1 and post-OpenGL 3.1. Texture binding is also something that should be carefully handled.

By the way, if anyone need fps number texture, I have one which I will release to the Public Domain (which is pretty simple anyway):

Attachments

• numbers.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,554