Customisable scène transitions.

Hi,

i red a couple a pages but could not find this suggestion so here it goes:

How about an option to let obs automaticly transition between scènes according to a customisable time line?
And perhaps these transitions themselfs could be customisable? (you know like in al video editing software you can make all sorts of transitions from one scene to another)

so simplisticly you would have a "pool" of scenes and transitions and you let then kick in one after the other after a certain time.
Either automaticly or perhaps by a trigger of some sorts? And perhaps include a button to the transitions to manually start one?

I'm only a small time streamer who does it only for friends but i guess these kind of customisable options would also be welcomed by the professional streamers.

Cheers,

Greendweller.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I think the browser plugin is able to do this, though currently it's not possible with OBS itself -- I do however want to make it possible in the future. I am aware that not everyone wants a simple fade.

Kharay

Jim said:
I think the browser plugin is able to do this, though currently it's not possible with OBS itself -- I do however want to make it possible in the future. I am aware that not everyone wants a simple fade.
Oh yeah... classic Final Fantasy battle transition/swirl! Yo! ;)

I am currently using the starcraft 2 scene swicher plugin wich is bacicly an autimatic scene switcher depending on what window you hae active (but you can define it quite neatly.) And that makes the transitons already nice.
But some options to independely move sources around in a certain way and timeframe to the next scene would be awesome.
The last couple of days i have been making a couple of scenes and a few things came in mind that would be usefull altho i also understand that it will be a lot of extra work.

I was thinking of a posibility to make short scenes witch you can active by pushing a button and it will automaticly play that short scene. like an intermission.
And perhaps a 5 minute buffer with an option to quickly select a moment of the broadcast witch you want to replay again (with a small preview window or something).
So you select that part that you want to replay. hit a butto to play it and it will autmaticly switch neatly over to a new scene witch shows the replay.
(or it activates a new source in the current scene and overlay's a part of that.

And a last perhaps easyer thing was the option to put a border around a source. But i mean a frame like an actual painting and stuff like that. Or the posibility to round off the edges.

Anyways gl with it all ofcourse.