In-game interaction

Dajova

So, the very first software that i've ever used to livestream with is a program called X-Fire. It was very easy to setup (easier than both X-Split and OBS, but that's beside the point) and it had some features that i really loved that i have yet to find on any other program as of yet.

One of those features was in-game interaction. With a simple hot-key (instead of alt-tabbing), i could interract with everyone on the stream and also had optional pop-up message whenever someone spoke in the room.
Some other features was in-game displays of fps/ms/clock/viewer count/record indication and could be placed anywhere on the screen (that only you could see).

These might be some major features to implement, but it would be a future project to think about, i think.
Let me know what your thoughts are about it :)

Here's some pics of how it looks like in x-fire, so you get the idea:
127800218-4.jpg

(Don't worry about the low fps, X-Fire is VERY limited in terms of broadcast options :D )
127800314-4.jpg

Dajova

After searching the forums, i came across this:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2713
This tool is "close" to what im searching for in terms of the chat at least, but still not quite. Something that could be implemented into OBS (or as a plugin) and replacing the "Dashboard" button, since that doesn't serve a greater purpose (that's why we have bookmarks, folks!)

That's my thoughts anyway :)

Helixia

Yeah the in game interactions for the live streams is great i must say.
But you will not get the quality you are getting with OBS.
I tried Xfire recording and broadcasting by muself and wasn't happy about the performance.
But with the other functions is Xfire pretty good.

+1 for your idea