Bug Report Switchable Graphics - Not detecting AMD GPU

Wonka23

So the problem is still present with machines running switchable graphics. OBS can't pick up the AMD card.

Would there be a way to add an option to stress the gpu in order for OBS to detect the amd card? You have to do that with other programs in order for the CCC to detect in order to apply it.

Or is that counter productive as OBS can't see the gpu anyways so it can't stress it. I'm just trying to throw ideas out there.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
If OBS doesn't see it, it probably means you have to force it in a control panel somewhere. Those multi-GPU laptops especially can be really frustrating with that.

Voxletum

I believe for the AMD laptops you need to force manually switched graphics in the BIOS, then you will be able to use catalyst control center to force a specific GPU. I don't believe it is possible otherwise, unless you can enable that manual switching in the BIOS. I can't say for sure, I don't have access to such a laptop right now.

Wonka23

I think it is an issue with the Enduro technology maybe. Which is what I am on. So I can't disable (or force) any gpu in BIOS.

I can tell applications to use which gpu I want with the CCC. And I did that for OBS. But OBS still doesn't detect it as an option in settings. The logs also show the same. Only sees the Intel card.

I tried running a game using the amd card and then going to the OBS settings to try and catch it that way. Still no detection. Strange ><

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
This is kind of an ancient thread, and since then we've determined that AMD switchable laptops just do not support almost any type of capturing.

The *only* way we have ever got them to capture is by running games in borderless/windowed mode, and then using window capture with 'compatibility mode' set.

SniperWolf

Just change Switchable Graphics Mode in BIOS from Dynamic to Fixed and you will be able to stream in full screen with AMD graphics