Bug Report Camera lag past version 466a

fredkruge

I was using OBS 466a for a while and it was perfectly fine, no crashes or weird little bugs and when OBS told me there was a new update I tried it and since then when I use my camera with OBS it seems to have chopped the framerate down to like 5 when I preview or stream. I downgraded back to OBS 466a, and awaited for the next 'update' to OBS and its current version is 0.472 and it also lags my camera but with this update I cant seem to roll back to 466a and use it again for smoothness... no idea why the current versions have camera lag.

I am using an HP 5210 webcam.

I also completely uninstalled all versions of OBS on my system and deleted the appdata file for OBS and installed the latest version but it still lags the camera for some unknown reason and when I revert to 466a my camera functions fine with it.

Edit:also for some reason when I try to modify the zoom on my camera it causes it to freeze once every second so I have to leave it at the default wide shot or else it will lag. To modify the zoom I use HP's provided software 'ArcSoft magic-i visual effects', I can modify the white balance, focus, etc. on the other tab and it will work fine but if I modify the zoom scale it lags the video feed slightly with stutters

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The older versions are on the sourceforge page. I'll check out the version differences

fredkruge

Yea, I changed back to 466a seems to work smoother for my camera for some strange reason, but the bug I put at the very end of my first post (where it says edit:) is a separate bug and happens in 466a only when I try to change my camera zoom.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'll check out the code between versions and try to see what's up.

fredkruge

So? Any ideas yet as to the problem :(. I want to use newer verions of OBS for better performance and features, ive been trying newer versions and deleting the old config files etc. for a full fresh install but only the camera lags still, everything else works.

Zephiris

fredkruge said:
So? Any ideas yet as to the problem :(. I want to use newer verions of OBS for better performance and features, ive been trying newer versions and deleting the old config files etc. for a full fresh install but only the camera lags still, everything else works.

Since it wasn't specifically mentioned, have you tried the latest test build yet? There have been improvements to hardware capture devices which might include webcams as well.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
haven't had a chance to look at it yet but thanks for reminding me

fredkruge

Checking in again from time to time, newer versions are still yielding no luck for the camera lag :( , any ideas out there that might be something on my end o.O, I have an HP 5210 webcam. 466a working still, 522b and 52.05test still lag the camera (ive been trying newer versions as they come out). Everything else works flawlessly on the newer verisons.

fredkruge

I seem to have solved the problem after messing around with the settings that I didnt try before, I manually set the resolution, FPS and output format and the camera input is no longer laggy. My camera can do 30 fps at 720p, and I think the newer versions try to set it to 1080p or something by default whereas 466a leaves the camera at its own default input.