Question / Help Game Capture doesn't work on Laptop except 1 game.

Spiders

I'm trying to use game capture on my laptop and I tested it for Starcraft 2 and it didn't work so I tried testing it for other games on this computer and I only found one game that works with Game Capture, which is Amnesia.

The other games I tested that didn't work were:
Borderlands 2
Diablo 3
Dota 2
League of Legends
Starcraft 2

I'm not sure what's causing the problem, as it works on my desktop so maybe there is some program interfering with game capture that isn't on my desktop but the Anti-virus/Malware programs are the same (Microsoft security essentials and Malwarebytes) on my laptop as my desktop.

What happens when I try to stream the games that don't work is that it's just a black screen, no mouse shows up at all. I am running OBS v.0522b 64 bit as an administrator and I have tried running/not running the games as an admin to no avail. On my desktop I'm only running OBS as an admin and it works fine. I have also tried running the 32-bit version.

My OS is Windows 7 64 bit Home premium and I have a log from using game capture for starcraft 2 below.

Also, my laptop's webcam doesn't turn on all the time when I stream and I have to try multiple times at times to get it to turn on, I'm not sure if this problem is related but I thought i'd mention it.

http://pastebin.com/VJxFcW6Y

edit: I fixed the webcam problem by changing the NVIDIA options to make OBS open with the NVIDIA graphics card instead of the integrated graphics. Didn't fix the game capture problem.

Spiders

Ok after trying a whole bunch of shit I got it to work. I'm not exactly sure WHY it started working again but this is what I did before it started working:

I uninstalled obs and I deleted the OBS folder in the AppData (C:\Users\Accountname\AppData\Roaming\OBS) now this will get rid of your settings and stuff but that shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to remake.

After that I redownloaded and reinstalled OBS and redownloaded the plugins and stuff and clicked "Launch OBS." The first thing I did then was to test the gamecapture and see if it worked. I got a black screen but my mouse was visible (and showed a sc2 mouse cursor). After that, I went to the OBS settings -> Video and changed the graphics card from Integrated to my NVIDIA graphics card. Then, I retried the gamecapture and all that showed up was a black screen (no mouse this time). After that I closed OBS, reopened it and when I tried it again, it worked for whatever reason.

Now I've done this exact thing before (uninstalling obs and deleting the appdata obs folder), but before I did not have my NVIDIA settings to open OBS with my NVIDIA graphics card instead of my integrated graphics card, so I would suggest you do that first before you try reinstalling.

Xianahru

Gamecapture hooks into the game and directly grabs the footage from your Graphicscard. Since all games 'should' be running on your dedicated GPU, hence OBS can#t capture from your Ingegrated GPU.