Out of the blue... zoom OBS Virtual Camera selection doesn't show OBS virtual camera

justfitjessie

Hi everyone. I need to help. I can't figure out why my zoom camera won't show what is showing on my OBS system! Any ideas?
Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 9.16.35 AM.jpg

AaronD

There's a settings button next to the VCam control. Is it set for a specific source, instead of the Program output?

Breakoutboy99

There's a settings button next to the VCam control. Is it set for a specific source, instead of the Program output?
This works^

Also, try refreshing (go to Facetime Camera, then back to OBS virutal camera), or exit/reopen OBS. Last resort, try updating OBS.

bucke

This works^

Also, try refreshing (go to Facetime Camera, then back to OBS virutal camera), or exit/reopen OBS. Last resort, try updating OBS.
...nope doesn't work. Tried all settings...same result (well, OBS Virtual Camera isnt' detected by Win11)

AaronD

(well, OBS Virtual Camera isnt' detected by Win11)
Sounds like the problem is in the other thread that you replied to:
Fix that, and this will probably work too.

bucke

Sounds like the problem is in the other thread that you replied to:
Fix that, and this will probably work too.
Fix what? I've tried everything I can think of...and nothing will magically make OBS Virtual Camera appear in the Win11 Settings. The odd thing, is that some of the apps (like Teams, Zoom, WebEx apps) will still detect OBS Virtual Camera, and it will work inconsistently. Sometimes the video stop working - just turns black. I have also tried other webcams, and it still turns black.

AaronD

Fix what? I've tried everything I can think of...and nothing will magically make OBS Virtual Camera appear in the Win11 Settings. The odd thing, is that some of the apps (like Teams, Zoom, WebEx apps) will still detect OBS Virtual Camera, and it will work inconsistently. Sometimes the video stop working - just turns black. I have also tried other webcams, and it still turns black.
Like I said, the problem, and eventual solution, are over there. Whatever that solution is, will probably make this thread "just work" with no further effort. But probably not at all until then, because that one is blocking whatever you do here. Focus your efforts over there, and you'll (eventually) fix both. Stay here, and you'll get nowhere.

bucke

Like I said, the problem, and eventual solution, are over there. Whatever that solution is, will probably make this thread "just work" with no further effort. But probably not at all until then, because that one is blocking whatever you do here. Focus your efforts over there, and you'll (eventually) fix both. Stay here, and you'll get nowhere.
There is no solution in the other thread - so what are you talking about??? Either few people are using this or few people are experiencing this symptom. But that are experiencing the symptom are not finding any solution.

AaronD

There is no solution in the other thread - so what are you talking about???
Keep working that other thread. That's where it's *going* to be, not here.

Either few people are using this or few people are experiencing this symptom. But that are experiencing the symptom are not finding any solution.
That could very well be the case, unfortunately. Keep working that other thread. Post updates of your own troubleshooting, what you did and how it responded, etc. Over there.

The more you post, the more that thread stays at the top of the list to have eyes on it. But do keep the threads organized. Since the other one is your real problem, put *it* at the top of the list with all of your self-troubleshooting updates to fix *that* problem, not this one.

Once you fix that one, this one will probably "just work" all by itself. But it can't at all until you fix that one, no matter what you do.