Resource icon

obs-ndi - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio 4.13.0

Ranger1

Is there a package for flatpak? I am using Alma Linux and see there used to be one but the link from the github posts is archived. Flathub shows no listing in it's search.

Thanks.

Jaybonaut

I would still like to know what the hardware acceleration toggle does, because turning it on and off doesn't seem to do anything while watching it.

Destroy666

I would still like to know what the hardware acceleration toggle does, because turning it on and off doesn't seem to do anything while watching it.
Hardware acceleration = using hardware other than CPU, in 99% of cases GPU, to make some calculations/code work possibly faster and use less CPU.

Malic

Has the video dysync been fixed? I play in VR, so after about 10 mins the video and audio is no longer matching my motions and up to s econd behind, and gets worse the longer you let it go. Closing OBS on the game PC and restarting OBS syncs it back up until it slowly desyncs again.

Someone had a fix on Github, but never was merged with the main branch, and I dont know programming enough to do it myself, and I cant find it now.

I believe it was narrowed down to something with audio was overloading something and causing it to slowly drift off by making NDI not handle audio, something else like voicemeeter send audio over network

Hmm, very odd. This happens on all 3 platforms when downloading via Firefox. Brave and wget work fine. What is Firefox up too?

More than likely it's Google thinking it's potentially malware. Chrome (duh) and Firefox consult with Google's Safe Browsing service to see if it's "safe" to download. Brave, more than likely in keeping with its (stated) commitment to privacy, may not use this service, and will likely happily allow the download. As for wget, it's a command-line program for which a "safe browsing" feature is kind of superfluous.

As for Windows and its own "Defender" facilities, I have... opinions... about this arrangement. Something something something fix your OS bugs before offering antivirus software and let vendors whose actual business is offering antivirus software do that work something something something.

--Katt. =^.^=

Timboxyz

More than likely it's Google thinking it's potentially malware. Chrome (duh) and Firefox consult with Google's Safe Browsing service to see if it's "safe" to download. Brave, more than likely in keeping with its (stated) commitment to privacy, may not use this service, and will likely happily allow the download. As for wget, it's a command-line program for which a "safe browsing" feature is kind of superfluous.

As for Windows and its own "Defender" facilities, I have... opinions... about this arrangement. Something something something fix your OS bugs before offering antivirus software and let vendors whose actual business is offering antivirus software do that work something something something.

--Katt, =^.^=
I eventually found a message about "this file not often downloaded do you really want it?" or somesuch. Funny thing is it was OK with the MacOS version

Jaybonaut

Any issues with OBS 30.0 and latest NDI version?
Not that I've seen now that they resolved the Windows Defender issue.

Sync seems to be a forever problem but then again it might have something to do with me using a 144 Hz monitor and a 60 Hz for the other one.

Palakis submitted a new resource:

NDI Input/Output plugin for OBS Studio - NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio

Read more about this resource...
Got a new puter with Win 11. Installed obs 30 and all latest plugins including NDI Tools. Trying to add a camera and the source just shows my desktop. Cam shows in online interface and NDI Tools Monitor as well as my ip scanner. I've even tried running obs as Admin
My old win 10 puter worked just fine

Last edited:

tusher

Having an issue. When I open ProPresenter on a separate Windows PC all of my NDI camera feeds (3 of them) go black but in the NDI tools it doesn't go black. It was doing it on an older version of the plugin as well. Don't know if it is ProPresenter or OBS/this plugin

Acey05

So I found out one of the main reasons for the "audio desync" happening and why it doesn't happen to other people on Windows.

It's the Audio Filters system, and from what I could determine, it's an OBS issue on how it's accessing the Filters after one of the updates, after V27 through Windows (I don't know if a windows update did something about this as well).

I was trying to use Elements FX to route half of the VST2 Plugins that don't work in OBS (Lisp, the excellent free ToneBoosters which are better than Reaper, etc), and whenever I press record or such, it immediately desyncs the audio on the second PC. It works perfectly fine on the main PC, but the second PC get's desynced immediately with NDI due to a "hook" delay on the information starting.

When I removed the Element FX and the extra Filters, the desync issue stopped. Also, by removing specific Reaper plugins, I was able to get rid of also the random "start game and audio desyncs, so you have to start OBS AFTER starting the game" issues I was having since then by about 90% (as well the drift). This means half of the ReaJS tools are not useable.

Please note you need to REMOVE them, disabling the Filter with Eye Icon doesn't stop the desync/drift issues, I have no idea why this is still a thing with OBS.

This may also be an issue with Filters that do "Look Ahead" or "Pre Comps", even something small like 1MS is enough to cause issues I think.

I honestly think at this point something needs to be done about the Audio part of OBS, it doesn't support VST3, fine, but it's ridiculous that some excellent VST2 plugins can't use their UI in OBS (or they're broken), and you can't even close them unless you specifically press Close Plugin Interface, or how you need to use a DAW re-route to bypass a lot of the limitations OBS has in simply loading a plugin, even Adobe Premiere can load those.

I guess the solution is to outright setup a Voicemeter system and just set up your chain/filter from there and have OBS pick that up instead, I don't know how the latency will be, since I never did such a thing, but I'm going to assume a "static" 1.25MS desync is much better then whatever it is that OBS is trying to do half of the time.

I guess the solution is to outright setup a Voicemeter system and just set up your chain/filter from there and have OBS pick that up instead, I don't know how the latency will be, since I never did such a thing, but I'm going to assume a "static" 1.25MS desync is much better then whatever it is that OBS is trying to do half of the time.

As it happens, since you mention Voicemeeter, there is also a VBAN plugin for OBS so you could even go so far as to even not use Voicemeeter in the first place, but have it available as an option.

--Katt. =^.^=

Acey05

As it happens, since you mention Voicemeeter, there is also a VBAN plugin for OBS so you could even go so far as to even not use Voicemeeter in the first place, but have it available as an option.

--Katt. =^.^=
Thanks, I will definitely look into that (hopefully a VBAN setup is immune to the Lookahead issues on OBS). You wouldn't happen to have a quick dirty guide for it, right?

But I'm also wondering if at that point, I should just push ahead, and a simple DAW setup that even other software like Discord or Games accessing the Mic, is a better solution than simply focusing only on an OBS centric solution for the filters.