Bug Report OBS 0.10.0 Crashing

Ray G

The software constantly crashes each time when trying to add HD PVR 2 as a video source.

0.9.1 worked fine. I had to load 0.9.1 in order to remove Hauppauge HD PVR 2 as a source in order to prevent 10 from crashing. Only then when I loaded the HD PVR 2 as a video source it crashed again. This has only been on HD PVR 2.

Attachments

• Crash 2015-05-12 20-54-30.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 30

Ray G

0.10.0 Crashes when inputting the Hauppauge Sienna Capture Device, Windows 7 32 / 64 bit. Would love to test out the new features added in 10 but for now. I will have to stick with 0.9.1.

Ray G

Jim I found a temporary solution to fix my problem. But this can give you a location to look in. Dshow plugin is messing up. Using the plugin from .9.1 allows the app to work. Without being able to compile changes myself in VS2013. Without a somewhat working knowledge of your code, I am unable to trace it myself.

Just trying to help ya out since you are taking the time to make things work for us.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You can trace it with git bisect. You don't have to have any actual knowledge of the code. Just make sure to update the submodules while bisecting.

Ray G

I did notice a slight change in win-dshow.cpp lines 1523 - 1527 compared to prior version 0.9.1 ; VS2013 and N++ shows a error on check but my setup may be incorrect. I am still a novice when it comes to coding on c++ . Not sure if your change would make much of a difference but all other files seem to be the same other than the flip options you have added.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
There were a fair amount of changes to DirectShow stuff in 0.10.0. I would highly recommend doing a git bisect to find out which commit the error came from. Would help out a lot.

Just remember to also also use git submodule update.