Question / Help Non-Debian/Ubuntu support?

Ben_Idiotgenius

I'm currently running fedora, and don't really have intentions to install Ubuntu/Debian. I'm not a huge terminal junkie (I've only been using Linux as my primary system for the last month), so the Repos/commands given here (https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/ubuntu-14-04-ppa-installation-instructions.16495/) obviously haven't worked on Fedora. Does anyone know how I could somehow make it work? I have a feeling there is a way, but I just don't know enough about Linux, and the messing around I've tried so far hasn't worked.

Thanks, Ben

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hopefully at some point we'll get more packages available for different distros. Probably won't be right away because my attention is kind of drawn elsewhere at the moment though.

fooguo

Been using this from the AUR with manjaro for a few days. Just tested to twitch, no problems at all. Works very nice.

Ben_Idiotgenius

Thanks everyone! Once I get OBS and all my steam games working, I'll be ready to pack up and remove windows completely (I'll copy the partitions to a spare drive just in case though!)

Ben_Idiotgenius

Hopefully at some point we'll get more packages available for different distros. Probably won't be right away because my attention is kind of drawn elsewhere at the moment though.
I can do some testing if you need me to... I'll post back when I get it mostly working, I also found this page which may help me a bit