IP address for cameras

Priest

We have a two camera streaming system for our church. Purchased a new laptop (upgrade). Downloaded OBS, Keyed in the ip addresses for the cameras but they no longer work. Nothing!

Harold

For IP cameras, just the IP address isn't generally enough to get a video feed. The cameras themselves usually need to provide a full RTSP address that includes a path.

Lawrence_SoCal

There are a number of us here whose primary OBS Studio use is for House of Worship. happy to help out

I strongly recommend having someone who knows/understands OBS Studio look at the old setup (hopefully still available). There are numerous ways to connect IP cameras, each with its own Pros & Cons, including image fidelity, bandwidth usage, latency consistency, and different cost ranges (ex NDI tends to more feature rich, and on more expensive cameras). And there there is connecting to your Sanctuary sound system, and then synchronizing audio and video (not automatic).
None of these are a big deal, but they do tend to be technical

Am I right to guess that the person who setup the old OBS Studio system is no longer around?
Any documentation done by that person (or later operator) on your site's OBS Studio setup?

Just for reference, our setup entails a very specifically configured audio connection setup from mixer to PC with a gain adjuster in the path, Operating System settings to go with that connection, and then OBS Studio config (using a NDI PoE PTZ camera), and then using automation with an OBS Studio plugin to handle some start and ending sequences, displaying service bulletin and/or lower third banner (as appropriate).. each extra things improves broadcast, at expensive of sophistication to maintain. Fortunately I documented the entire setup as well as created a service livestream 'runbook', so other than Operating System general maintenance (not OBS Studio specific), system operation is documented for anyone who follows me.