I can hear my game audio through OBS, but it won't record it

SolunEklyps

I've been stuck on this for a couple days, searching through forums and looking all over YouTube, but I can't find a solution.

When I begin recording, I can hear myself on the recording just fine, but no game audio comes through. However, I have an Audio Input Capture Device set to my capture card and can hear the game just fine. My microphone records just fine, and I can hear the Switch game audio, but not on the recording. What should I do?

SolunEklyps

I went to the Discord and someone was able to help me.

It was due to the fact that I was opening my recordings in the default Windows Media Player, which only uses one audio file at a time. Because all of my audio was connected to separate audio tracks, it was only opening the first track, which only included my microphone audio.

Thank you to @powerfuldot on the Discord Server for helping me.

opticitch

That's odd, and I want to try that with my windows media player now. I use VLC usually. Glad you found a solution.

Do you stream or just record? If you're streaming, I believe Twitch plays audio in only track 1 except for the strange VOD settings. So if you're streaming and game audio isn't on 1, it might not be streamed while you're recording.

I don't know about your setup, but for mine I have all on 1 with duplicates like this: voice only on 2, game only on 3, chat only on 4, and I have two left over for other things like sound effects or different programs that might be useful but independent programs.