Feature request for OBS Studio

Gora

Hello forum members! I recently started using OBS Studio for streaming and video recording. Overall, I'm very happy with the program, but there is one feature that I really miss. I would like to be able to add real-time video from a webcam or other source to a recording or broadcast. This would be useful for tasks such as screen sharing or discussions with viewers.

Lawrence_SoCal

Love the rhetorical question Aaron ;^)

Gora - a physically connected webcam to OBS Studio computer is easy to add as a Video Source in OBS
Have you read the Getting Started Guide on this site? or any the free electronic books on OBS Studio?

Where things get quickly not easy is when that video is remote to the computer. Then you have to understand protocols, networking, bandwidth, jitter, latency, etc.

your post is not clear what EXACTLY you are asking

- Do you need to be careful with Operating System Security (Permissions) on Audio and Video sources, including local ones, as the old, simple, everyone gets Full control is no longer used, so you need to be explicit (yes, this means you need to dive deeper into Operating System)
- Are there a wide range of methods to connect a remote video source into OBS Studio? Yes
- Do some of those methods require configuration (device drivers, settings, full application install) at Operating System level? Yes
- Do some of those methods require 3rd party plugins for OBS Studio? Yes
- Which plugins, configurations? it depends

Gora

Yes, you're right, OBS already handles webcams and other video sources. I must have been having a brain freeze when I wrote that!
Lawrence_SoCal, you're spot on: my question was a bit too vague. I'm still pretty new to OBS and streaming in general, so I haven't quite wrapped my head around all the options and complexities.