Snap Camera Issue

I am using the Snap Camera application and can add a Source to a scene within OBS where I select it as a video camera just fine. But I notice I cannot toggle in OBS between the Snap Camera and my regular webcam (which Snap Cam is using) if I suddenly want to switch from one to the other. Instead, when I show just the regular webcam, the screen is black. I don't want Snap Camera on for the ENTIRE stream, just for a gag or two, so is there really no way to do this without choosing one over the other before I go live?

+1 I have exactly that same question.
Yeah, I only ask because if I'm using Snap Cam, when the effect I'm using is off and it just shows me, the colors are washed out. It just doesn't look as good as it usually does if I'm just using the regular webcam. So it would be great to know if it's possible to toggle them on and off and use both, but that doesn't look to be the case.

FerretBomb

Webcams can only be accessed by one program at a time. It's also why you can't have multiple Video Capture Device sources pointed at the same camera; each counts as a separate 'program'.

Either use Snap Camera without any modifiers applied, or install the full-fat obs-virtualcam plugin and apply a virtualcam-source Filter to the camera, then set Snap Camera to look at the virtual camera device, then capture Snap in OBS. It's a little annoying, but it works.

Webcams can only be accessed by one program at a time. It's also why you can't have multiple Video Capture Device sources pointed at the same camera; each counts as a separate 'program'.

Either use Snap Camera without any modifiers applied, or install the full-fat obs-virtualcam plugin and apply a virtualcam-source Filter to the camera, then set Snap Camera to look at the virtual camera device, then capture Snap in OBS. It's a little annoying, but it works.
Do you have a link to the download page for that plugin? Just searched but didn't find it. Thanks!

FerretBomb

AaronD

it works?
It's outdated. Don't take old threads too seriously.

In this case, that functionality is built into OBS itself now. No plugin and no additional download required. If you try to use the old plugin, it's not compatible anymore anyway.