Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.2

have even tried with vlc as media source... do you have tutorials of how to use these things once you update them and i am missing these instructions?

i tried following this video

but of course that is last version and totally new gui

Warmuptill

have even tried with vlc as media source... do you have tutorials of how to use these things once you update them and i am missing these instructions?

i tried following this video

but of course that is last version and totally new gui
Does everything work as expected if you use the previous version of the plugin (with the old GUI)?
If not can you share a log file with the verbose logging of the plugin enabled (you can find this option on the general tab)?

Does everything work as expected if you use the previous version of the plugin (with the old GUI)?
If not can you share a log file with the verbose logging of the plugin enabled (you can find this option on the general tab)?

i have changed to VLC and after a ton of tinkering got something usable... i will get some screen shots of it tomorrow its on another pc

@Warmuptill...

I am now successfully making use if the special build you made that provides a separate logfile for the scene switcher status!

Please make it part of the standard build from now on! :-)

@Warmuptill -- If can leave the switch for the separate log file OFF by default, then it won't affect anyone.

I know there are features in Advanced SS that I particularly don't use, but yet they are there if I choose to.

If, for some reason, you cannot make the separate log file as standard with future builds, can you enable API funcionality?

rockymania

Hello,
when saving the monitored file with Notepad ++, the date and time are updated immediately. Unfortunately, the scene is only switched after after 10 or more minutes. If I stop Advanced Scene Switcher and then start it again, the file change is recognized immediately and the scene is switched immediately as desired. I tried again with your exact settings, with the same wrong result.

Edit:
I found the mistake!
I had a unused scene transition with an invalid file link. After deleting the transition everything works as it should.
Thank you for your attempts to help.

Now I have a new question: Would it be possible to expand the function?
e.g
If "ActiveScene" = <xyz> and "Filemodified" = true and "RegEx" hits then switch to "NewScene" ?

That would be nice because I don't want to change on every scene when the file is changed.

rockymania

Addition to my last post :
And it would be nice if there would be added a switch back to
previous scene after an adjustable time
If "ActiveScene" = <xyz> and "Filemodified" = true and "RegEx" hits then switch to "NewScene" after <xyz > Seconds (0 for never) switch back to "ActiveScene"

marcob8986

Great plugin, many thanks for that!
I do have a question though: is it normal behaviour that ANY time the switcher fires, it overrides the default scene transition of OBS?

I would like to:
- start recording on a particular scene manually
- switch after 2 seconds to another scene with sliding transition
- keep the "MOVE" transition as default for all the remaining scene transitions.

I solved this using the "TRANSITION" tab and when the second scene is active --> change default transition to --> "MOVE"

I'm just wondering if this the default behaviour or am I missing something

Warmuptill

Great plugin, many thanks for that!
I do have a question though: is it normal behaviour that ANY time the switcher fires, it overrides the default scene transition of OBS?

I would like to:
- start recording on a particular scene manually
- switch after 2 seconds to another scene with sliding transition
- keep the "MOVE" transition as default for all the remaining scene transitions.

I solved this using the "TRANSITION" tab and when the second scene is active --> change default transition to --> "MOVE"

I'm just wondering if this the default behaviour or am I missing something
Yes, that is expected behavior and you did not miss anything.
I might think about adding the option to restore the previous transition.

Warmuptill

Ok thanks. I really can't seem to find that option, can you tell me where it is?
Sorry, my last statement seems to have been ambiguous.

Currently no such option exists.
I will investigate if it is feasible to add the option of automatically restoring the last transition, but as you already mentioned you can use the options available on transition tab to achieve the desired behaviour already.

tophee

Thanks for an excellent plugin! I was hoping that this might also allow me to select specific windows as source, but this doesn't seem to be possible at the moment so I'm mentioning it here in case you want to implement it. I believe you have most of the code in place already...

So what I mean is the following: the built-in window capture feature in OBS is quite limited when it comes to automatically selecting windows based on their title. You either have to provide the exact title (and you can't even enter it manually) or let OBS do some rough guess-work when selecting windows with similar titles. An example of what OBS can't do currently, is distinguish between between PowerPoint Presenter View and the Slide Show that is shown to the audience. For obvious reasons, it would be good if it would reliably select the audience view.

In Advance Scene Switcher the correct window is easily identified with (PowerPoint Slide Show - )(.*)(pptx), but I can only use it to change to a specific scene, but not to tell OBS to use that window as a source.

Would this be something you could add?

Lawrence_SoCal

An example of what OBS can't do currently, is distinguish between between PowerPoint Presenter View and the Slide Show that is shown to the audience.

In the vein of keeping it simple... are you using PowerPoint's Windowed Slide Show view, or Full Screen?
if Full screen, you could do Display vs Window capture and then not worry about it?
or do you not have a 2nd monitor to dedicate to the PPTx audience view? just curious

Drece

There seems to be some bug when using the advanced scene switcher with the move plugin. If I use the sequence tab to switch sources (using transition B - not my default), then use the transition tab to set back my transition to default (transition A), the scenes don't switch

Warmuptill

There seems to be some bug when using the advanced scene switcher with the move plugin. If I use the sequence tab to switch sources (using transition B - not my default), then use the transition tab to set back my transition to default (transition A), the scenes don't switch
The issue here is most likely that the transition type is changed while a transition is still in progress.
Can you check if that problem also happens in this version of the plugin?
(You might have to be logged into Github to be able to download the build - if that is an issue for you let me know)

battleck

Sorry if the question already answered, but i cant figure it out...
is there any way to change the "stinger" settings (choose another transition video) when used in "sequence" tab?
if yes, how? i cant find it...

thank you :)

Warmuptill

Sorry if the question already answered, but i cant figure it out...
is there any way to change the "stinger" settings (choose another transition video) when used in "sequence" tab?
if yes, how? i cant find it...

thank you :)
Can you not just add a second transition of the stinger type with the changed settings and use that one for the scene sequence switches?
The scene switcher itself cannot adjust the settings of transition - it can only switch to different transitions.

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Advanced Scene Switcher with a new update entry:

Minor additions and fixes

Fixes:
  • fix crash on first startup on fresh install of OBS
  • fix crash on deleting last screen region entry when guide frame was active
  • fix matching obs-studio's window title with 'OBS' on Windows
  • fix random tab only matching once if there was only one entry
  • resolve potential deadlocks
  • fix media states being retriggered multiple times
  • fix crash on importing scene sequence
  • fix crash on deleting scene sequences

Additions and changes:
  • add a log...

Read the rest of this update entry...

noobYouTuber

One thing which I feel is needed in this tool is way to enable and disable the sequence anytime we want even from the remote Dock. I am using a mobile app which uses Web-socket to control OBS but I don't think there is anyway to control the sequence which can be helpful as a filler when there is no main event or crowd scenes.