Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.2

Warmuptill

I actually tried that (even with ".*Notebook.*", and also simply with ".*OneNote.*"), but I am completely unable to trigger a scene change with OneNote in full screen more. Not even when focus, maximized, and fullscreen checkboxes are all off.
I have to use Automatic Scene Switcher to trigger OneNote, even thou I would like to trigger on fullscreen mode only.
For what's worth, I tried to use the window name reported by Window Spy from AutoHotkey, with the same lack of success.
I just double checked and you are indeed correct.
The window handle of OneNote is not enumerated by GetNextWindow() at all.
GetForegroundWindow() does return the window handle as expected, which I used to check the window title yesterday.

It looks like FindWindowEx() must be used instead if metro app handles shall also be returned.

I now adjusted the window handling of the plugin to this new method.
You can find a test build here:

Please let me know if it works as expected.

mjvan

Sorry if this has been added already. Would there be a way to automatically detect when I'm looking at a camera and switch to that scene automatically? I'm using two cameras, one for an overhead camera (journaling) and the second for when I'm talking directly to the viewer.

GabiDG

Please let me know if it works as expected.
We are making progress! I am able to trigger ".*OneNote.*" with focus checked (with both maxed and full screen checked off), when OneNote is maxed, fullscreen or whatever. As soon any (maxed and/or fullscreen) is checked, OneNote does not trigger at all, regardless of whether it is maximized, fullscreen, or whatever.
No reason to use Automatic Scene Switcher any more!

Warmuptill

Sorry if this has been added already. Would there be a way to automatically detect when I'm looking at a camera and switch to that scene automatically? I'm using two cameras, one for an overhead camera (journaling) and the second for when I'm talking directly to the viewer.
Unfortunately that is currently not possible.
But I know that a separate plugin is currently under development which could be used to match images to the current output of a source.

We are making progress! I am able to trigger ".*OneNote.*" with focus checked (with both maxed and full screen checked off), when OneNote is maxed, fullscreen or whatever. As soon any (maxed and/or fullscreen) is checked, OneNote does not trigger at all, regardless of whether it is maximized, fullscreen, or whatever.
No reason to use Automatic Scene Switcher any more!
Thanks again for your tests and reporting the issue!

Waldnerr

Hi there , tried to install it on Linux Pi4 5.9.1-v8+ (Raspberry Pi4 64 bit) and using Obs studio 26.0.2 but i dont see Advanced scene switcher on Tools menu . Tried to advanced-scene-switcher.so in /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins and /home/pi/.config/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/64bit without success . Any suggestion please ? Thanks a lot !

Warmuptill

Hi there , tried to install it on Linux Pi4 5.9.1-v8+ (Raspberry Pi4 64 bit) and using Obs studio 26.0.2 but i dont see Advanced scene switcher on Tools menu . Tried to advanced-scene-switcher.so in /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins and /home/pi/.config/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/64bit without success . Any suggestion please ? Thanks a lot !
If I am not mistaken the Pi4 does not use a x86 based cpu.
So the precompiled x86 binaries will not work for you and you would have to compile the plugin for arm cpus yourself.
See https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/issues/50 for more details.

Renzi

Hi,

Just a question or two about using the Time functionality. Ive been building out a schedule for a whole week (about 20 scene switches a day) and ive been running into an issue where deleted instances keep coming back and the ordering shuffles randomly every time i exit or renter the tool. Any thoughts on whats happening or next steps? Also, is there a limit to how many scene switches the Time tab can handle?

Renzi

Hi,

Just a question or two about using the Time functionality. Ive been building out a schedule for a whole week (about 20 scene switches a day) and ive been running into an issue where deleted instances keep coming back and the ordering shuffles randomly every time i exit or renter the tool. Any thoughts on whats happening or next steps? Also, is there a limit to how many scene switches the Time tab can handle?

Attaching settings file and a couple of "before and after" screenshots of when i enter and organize the timed scene switches and then what it looks like after i exit the tool and go back in

Attachments

• time issue.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 24
  • After.png
    After.png
    740.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Before.png
    Before.png
    842.7 KB · Views: 29

Warmuptill

Hi,

Sorry, about that!
I am not sure what is going wrong there and unfortunately I do not think I will find the time to look into it this week.
As you already made a backup of your settings I would suggest you try one of the recent development builds to see if the problem was accidentally already solved by the UI rework.

You can find such a build here:

If the issue still persists there, please do let me know!

Also there should not be a limit as to how many entries you can enter on the Time tab.

Last edited:

Renzi

Attaching settings file and a couple of "before and after" screenshots of when i enter and organize the timed scene switches and then what it looks like after i exit the tool and go back in

i managed to get rid of the "ghost entry" that kept coming back by adding a new rule with the exact same time but switching it to any other scene than the one originally referenced in the "ghost entry". i was then able to delete this entry and no ghost entries returned and my ordering of the rules also sticks.

Renzi

Sorry, about that!
I am not sure what is going wrong there and unfortunately I do not think I will find the time to look into it this week.
As you already made a backup of your settings I would suggest you try one of the recent development builds to see if the problem was accidentally already solved by the UI rework.

You can find such a build here:
(Note that you might have to log in to gain access to the build artifacts - if that is an issue for you let me know via PM and I can send it to you directly)

If the issue still persists there, please do let me know!

Also there should not be a limit as to how many entries you can enter on the Time tab.
Thanks! Ill look into this build. As for now, that weird work around fixed things. we'll see if it returns...

Thanks Again

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Advanced Scene Switcher with a new update entry:

UI Rework

The main focus of this update was a rework of the UI.
This should ease modifying existing switch entries and add some basic hints on how to use the plugin.

I hope it is actually an improvement for most and didn't break any existing functionality :)

Additional changes:
  • Add support for VLC sources to media tab
  • Fix OBS crash on exit when user was on the scene which was selected to automatically start streaming or recording
  • Improve hotkey handling to not require users to use...

Read the rest of this update entry...

THE R3Y3S

Hi man i have a problem with new update. I don't know why but now, if i haven't the specific game windows opens, automatically switch to webcam. Or, for example, if i want to swap to desktop, i can't because it's locked to webcam... This starts to happen only when i update this tool, and i didn't change nothign from last version and this new one.

Warmuptill

Hi man i have a problem with new update. I don't know why but now, if i haven't the specific game windows opens, automatically switch to webcam. Or, for example, if i want to swap to desktop, i can't because it's locked to webcam... This starts to happen only when i update this tool, and i didn't change nothign from last version and this new one.
Thanks for reporting the issue!
I do not quite understand the scenario that is causing problems. Are you referring to the "if no switch condition is met switch to scene ..." option?
Would you be able to share your settings of the plugin so I can reproduce the problem? (You can send them via PM)

EDIT: Could it be that you are also encountering this issue?

If so I will try to provide a fix as soon as I get confirmation that the problem is now resolved.

Last edited:

THE R3Y3S

Thanks for reporting the issue!
I do not quite understand the scenario that is causing problems. Are you referring to the "if no switch condition is met switch to scene ..." option?
Would you be able to share your settings of the plugin so I can reproduce the problem? (You can send them via PM)

EDIT: Could it be that you are also encountering this issue?

If so I will try to provide a fix as soon as I get confirmation that the problem is now resolved.
Yeah man i confirm media is the problem. Only there i setup eveytime a source ends swap to webcam. I never setup "if no switch condition is met switch to scene ..." so i'm sure media is the problem

orion42

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a way to use the scene transitions to the ones you are causing manually (i.e. with hotkeys).

Indeed, in the plugin > Transition tab is written:
The settings below only affect scene transitions caused by the scene switcher and not the ones you are causing manually. Additionally they will take priority over transition settings configured elsewhere in the scene switcher.

I am trying to achieve a different transition between three scenes:

1. "Main" (has both cameras side to side)
  2. "Camera 1 Only" (fullscreen)
  3. "Camera 2 Only" (fullscreen)
As default transition, I have "Move" so to have a nice coming in and out of the two cameras into the main scene. However, the same is happening also when I switch from camera 1 and camera 2, with a not-so-nice default appearing and disappearing effect.
What I would like to achieve is to set a Cut transition only when passing from Camera 1 to Camera 2 with a manual transition triggered by a hotkey.
  • Is it possible to achieve this with the current plugin?
  • Why is only working with the automatic scene switcher and not with the manual ones?
    • Can this be added as a new feature/option?

Warmuptill

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a way to use the scene transitions to the ones you are causing manually (i.e. with hotkeys).

Indeed, in the plugin > Transition tab is written:

I am trying to achieve a different transition between three scenes:

1. "Main" (has both cameras side to side)
  2. "Camera 1 Only" (fullscreen)
  3. "Camera 2 Only" (fullscreen)
As default transition, I have "Move" so to have a nice coming in and out of the two cameras into the main scene. However, the same is happening also when I switch from camera 1 and camera 2, with a not-so-nice default appearing and disappearing effect.
What I would like to achieve is to set a Cut transition only when passing from Camera 1 to Camera 2 with a manual transition triggered by a hotkey.
  • Is it possible to achieve this with the current plugin?
  • Why is only working with the automatic scene switcher and not with the manual ones?
    • Can this be added as a new feature/option?

There is a separate plugin just for that functionality:
Maybe I should add a link on the transition tab to this plugin as it has been asked a couple of times already :)