View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001089||OBS-Studio||VLC Source||public||2017-12-21 14:42||2018-09-28 09:35|
|Reporter||Stas Fomin||Assigned To|
|Platform||OBS Studio||OS||Windows||OS Version||All Versions|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001089: DV Cam support.|
|Description||I have a lot DV (Panasonic GS400/500/...) and HDV cams (Canon HV20-30-40) and the facts are (on Windows):|
* OBS studio cannot capture DV and HDV cams as "Video Capture Device". :( (red pixel-square, zero width)
old known problem, see https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/dv-cameras-are-not-supported.53012/
* VLC captures ("dshow://" both) DV and HDV cams.
* HDV cams captured OK by OBS studio as "VLC Video Source"
* DV cams NOT CAPTURED by OBS studio as "VLC Video Source" — "green square with right dimensions"
I think there is some small bug because "VLC Video Source" works OK with all sources — webcams and even HDV-cams... but only old good DV-cams abandoned.
How to debug it? (without deep dive with compiling etc..)
May be I can put on verbose logs?
May be there exists a workaround?
Any ideas welcomed...
|Steps To Reproduce||* Get laptop or desktop with firewire.|
* Get any DV cam, and connect it by firewire.
* Try to capture with any OBS studio (I tried all major versions — 14-15-16-17-18-19-20)
|Tags||No tags attached.|
||Leaving this one open as it directly relates to the VLC source, and not video capture device source, but this is essentially a duplicate of 0000709|
||Same issue can't use my Panasonic with Firewire as Video Capture Source|
|2017-12-21 14:42||Stas Fomin||New Issue|
|2017-12-21 14:43||Rodney||Priority||normal => low|
|2017-12-21 14:43||Rodney||Severity||major => minor|
|2017-12-21 15:17||Fenrir||Relationship added||related to 0000709|
|2017-12-21 15:22||Fenrir||Note Added: 0002864|
|2018-03-05 19:52||Jason Sayler||Note Added: 0003167|
|2019-02-22 22:39||Fenrir||Category||VLC Plugin => VLC Source|