Multistream? (2 or more services at the same time)

stiG

Hi there!

First of all, OBS RULES! it's wonderful! Want to forget XSplit like a bad dream, but I can't :( I have two channels and they are both very important (twitch and custom). I want to broadcast on both at the same time. Is it possible?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It is possible, yes, but a bit annoying to implement properly. This is planned for the future, but unfortunately not right away.

vedranius

I got this working by adding -multi to the command line of OBS.
Actually, when you press right click on OBS exe at desktop for example, go to properties, and add to the target in the add -multi , like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\OBS.exe" -multi
And now you can run multiple instances of OBS, which will give you an ability to stream with OBS to multiple streams at the same time.
Tho, I didn't realise yet how can I stream with multiple instances to the same channel in different resolution, I've tried with my UStream testing account channel by adding to streamkey a code like this _%i_%b_%c but it didn't worked as it works in FMLE tho...

Any ideas how can I get this working?
Thank you! :)

IAAMRadio

It is possible, yes, but a bit annoying to implement properly. This is planned for the future, but unfortunately not right away.

Seems this was a few years back but it has not been implemented. It;s the one key feature missing if it were added, You would surpass the likes of Xsplit. Love OBS very easy to use just needs a few more features like mulit stream and Chroma Key (if you have these, I can;t seem to find them).

IAAMRadio

This works great! If you want a mirror of scenes, for example Ustream, Justcast and JustinTV. Simply window capture the 1st instance and use for the 2nd 3rd 4th streams.