Question / Help Window Capture Offset/Duplication Issue

Jester

I have recently had an issue regarding window capturing various clients and other applications. It causes the capture to have an offset as well as a duplicate image of the window I am capturing. For whatever reason, it will only fully capture the clients when they are pressed into the top left corner of my monitor, otherwise it will not follow the window. This was not an issue earlier today when I first attempted window capture, both applications show here worked fine. So the error was unexpected and happened seemingly from no apparent change on my behalf. I have attached several images of both the OBS preview screen and how it comes across when streamed. (Notice the mouse is not even hovering over the appropriate button in Capture2.PNG) It also shows it to be a consistent issue for different applications. I have noticed no issues regarding other captures such as games or audio, just window.

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/PUzSAZbVk0fAOyfV

I am incredibly new to video capturing so please let me know if there is any other information I need to share in order to help.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    464.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    934.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    500.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    533.2 KB · Views: 83

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
As I've never personally seen this issue before, I feel it's likely because you have Aero disabled. Does it occur with Display Capture too? Try re-enabling Aero and seeing if it helps.

Bob Denny

[it] causes the capture to have an offset as well as a duplicate image of the window I am capturing. For whatever reason, it will only fully capture the clients when they are pressed into the top left corner of my monitor, otherwise it will not follow the window.
I have exactly the same problem. But here's the crazy thing, and probably the reason the OP had it "just quit" in the middle of his day. I have this dual display setup (both displays are identical):
Snap5.png

If I put OBS on Display 1, and Chrome (e.g.) on Display 2, then the Window Capture source works as it should. The frame containing Chrome remains fixed within OBS and displays the contents of the Chrome window. Moving Chrome around on Display 2 has no effect. This is perfect. However, if I put OBS on Display 2 and Chrome on Display 1, then I get the exact effect the OP reports. It's really bizarre. I am aware of the Multi-Adapter Compatibility setting on the Window Capture source. It has no effect on this issue. Neither does the Capture Cursor option. This is weird as well, if you change the Window Match Priority selection, for a few seconds it will display OK then go back to the overlapped duplicate etc. None of the Window Match Priority selections will "fix" it though. The only way to use Window Capture (at least on my system) is with OBS on Display 1. For reference This is a super stable WIndows 7 system with this graphic setup:

My Rig Office.jpg