Question / Help When I play r6 it always lags on stream but not in game and i have zero dropped frames in obs

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
First, update to OBS Studio 21.1.2. If the OBS auto-updater does not show you that update, you can download the installer manually from this website (the Home or Download page).

When providing logs, please provide the entire log file. The log that you linked is missing parts at the top.

17:39:14.100: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 2781 (11.0%)
17:39:14.100: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1274 (5.1%)
17:39:14.100: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 387/25200 (1.5%)
[...]
19:19:17.887: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 141806 (39.5%)
19:19:17.887: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 924 (0.3%)

These show that you're overloading your GPU, CPU, and Internet connection. Please take the following steps:

Disable Game Bar and Game DVR
Your log shows that Game DVR is on. You can disable this in the Windows Settings app under Gaming by toggling the first switches to "Off" in the Game Bar and Game DVR sections.

Run a connection test with TwitchTest
Use the Twitch Bandwidth Test to find the best Twitch server to stream to. Set Duration to Medium. You can uncheck any regions you're not near. After the test completes, click the Share Result button to upload a screenshot, which can then be copied and pasted here.

Run the Auto-Config Wizard
Please run the OBS auto-configuration tool. To use the auto-config, click on the Tools menu in OBS, select Auto-Configuration Wizard, and then just follow the on-screen directions. You can use this tool to get a set baseline settings for your hardware, and adjust as necessary from there.

Try that, and then post a new log if you're still having trouble.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
That does not show that you updated to OBS Studio 21.1.2. I need you to follow the instructions above: update OBS, disable the Windows 10 Gaming features, post your Twitch Test results, and run the OBS Auto Config Wizard and use its settings, and then try to stream R6 again.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Is that the Twitch Test saying that or the OBS Auto Config saying that? Did it run the bandwidth estimation on Twitch? You still need to do the other steps that I asked.

Why do you need Advanced Output Mode?

SIRT0FU

I need advanced output so that I can have more control over my settings and also auto config said that and I also did the badwidth estimation like 2 weeks ago

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I need advanced output so that I can have more control over my settings and also auto config said that and I also did the badwidth estimation like 2 weeks ago
You don't really need the extra control. Nothing in your previous logs shows me that you were taking advantage of those features, and more often than not, it just creates an opportunity to change a setting that makes your streams/recordings worse. Use Simple Output Mode.

Network conditions can change all the time for millions of reasons. I want to know what your network conditions are like right now via the Twitch Test and the Auto Config Wizard.

Please follow my other instructions.

SIRT0FU

so ryto it says that i have 10000+kbs but when i stream it says i have like 2500 and also the server i am most closest to says that i have a quality of 0
and only some server in mexico has a quality of 78

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Well, that's the core of your connection issue then. To stream reliably, you need a connection quality of 80 or higher. You might have decent burst speeds for upload and download, but you don't have a stable connection. That may be because you're on a wireless connection with interference, or that may be an issue with your ISP. If possible, use a wired Internet connection, or decrease the amount of distance or obstacles between your PC and your router.

As it is, you'll need to stream using either the Salt Lake City or the Mexico server, but the results may still be spotty.

koala

You habe 31% "lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls". These 31% frames, one third of all frames, are dropped on the GPU. Your GPU is overloaded. Limit the fps of the game you're recording to 60, so it doesn't use the GPU at 100%.

Rainbow Six Siege doesn't have a cap fps option in-game or even by ini configs. You will have to install RivaTuner that comes with MSI Afterburner and use it to apply the FPS capping. If it still persists, change the FPS on OBS to 30.

FlatLin3

I kinda have the same issue of this guy , but my internet is fine , using x268 (Obs latest version) and my gameplay is smooth but my stream look jerkey , laggy like stuttering