Question / Help What's the best settings for my Low End PC? (for recording)

lordivan

I currently have a dual core cpu in 2020 which isn't recommended, but my family is just poor and can't either afford a new computer right now or upgrade the current computer. I am struggling to find a best settings in YouTube so I came here.

So here is my specs:
CPU: Intel® i3 3120 2 x 3.20GHz
RAM : 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
iGPU: Intel® HD Graphics 2500 (650 MHz base, 1.05 GHz boost)
VRAM: 224 MB

So I want to record videos about this game ROBLOX and I already set my Roblox in-game settings for the lowest possible settings. But after looking after a lot of OBS settings in YouTube I can't find the balanced ones, either it's too laggy for my computer or it's just flat out bad quality. So can you please recommend me a balanced recording settings?

carlmmii

I currently can't access anything from external sites. Can you attach the logs directly here?

Also, I guess they've changed the name of things since I last looked at QuickSync settings. It would be the CQP option.

lordivan

I currently can't access anything from external sites. Can you attach the logs directly here?

Also, I guess they've changed the name of things since I last looked at QuickSync settings. It would be the CQP option.
Here is the settings of the CQP option, I don't understand what to change.
also here's the log using CQP option and the CBR option earlier.

Attachments

• Screenshot_40.png
    Screenshot_40.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot_40.png
    Screenshot_40.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 2020-05-03 07-15-24.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 2020-05-03 08-14-23.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 25

carlmmii

The cqp option allows you to set your quality target. The numbering is fairly arbitrary, but the thing to know is lower numbers mean higher quality (and higher file sizes). Currently you have everything set to 23, so if you want to increase the quality of the recording, you should lower all those values equally.

For other things though... you need to update.
- Windows 10 has had significant updates since your current version
- You're running OBS 21.1.0. This version specifically has a broken auto-updater, so you need to manually download the latest OBS installer to update.

lordivan

The cqp option allows you to set your quality target. The numbering is fairly arbitrary, but the thing to know is lower numbers mean higher quality (and higher file sizes). Currently you have everything set to 23, so if you want to increase the quality of the recording, you should lower all those values equally.

For other things though... you need to update.
- Windows 10 has had significant updates since your current version
- You're running OBS 21.1.0. This version specifically has a broken auto-updater, so you need to manually download the latest OBS installer to update.
Ok, thanks for all your help though.