Question / Help What should i do?

Raylock

My name is Raylock, I am an aspiring gamer looking into streaming. I posted this same blog a few mins ago and it was removed for some reason(if it was one of the mods,please send a notification/msg of why it was removed and i will stop posting this again also guide me where can i find answer/solution to this query)?

These are my current pc specs:
intel i5 2320 processor
transcend 4G DDR3 1333 DIMM ram
intel dh61ww motherboard
Intex Techno 450 20+4pin 450 Watts Psu
and a 500 gb hard disk
no gpu

I'm gonna buy a new gaming laptop in a month or two and i was hoping to use/revamp this 5-6 yr old pc into a dedicated streaming pc.
i'm only looking for an entry level gaming laptop. My eyes are on acer helios 300 and msi GS65 (the 1070 versions). I will also keep my eyes peeled for the new next gen gaming pcs(ones with nvidia 2070).

I am really confused if this setup will work out and i am here to ask help. i know i need a capture card and a ssd(probably m.2 drive, but i doubt the m.2 will be supported with current motherboard). I will also need a new cabinet and need to have a modular psu maybe? idk. I'm not looking to totally remake this pc or buy a new processor since i will move out after a year to abroad.

Feel free to suggest laptops and what to do with my current desktop.
Also should i get a primary 144 hz external monitor and a keyboard(instead of using laptop's)?Laptop will be primarily for gaming/streaming and secondarily be used for my college work(which is when it's display and portability come to play).

Thank you guys in advance for answering and sorry for putting up with my stupidity in this whole post.

DEDRICK

Not going to happen (the old PC as a stream PC), that processor was underpowered by 2011 standards, let alone today's. Donate it or make it a HTPC.

Raylock

Can it not stream at all? Or can it do 360 p or 720p? Since I'm a beginner, having low quality streams shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'll see how my streams do and get a pc depending on that if required. But for now I'll mostly stream Dota and some coding maybe pubg and fornite or assassin's creed unity(which i think recording is better now that I think about it), old-school timescale and stuff.Even a little help to the laptop's processor is better is what I think(idk how well streaming only on laptop can work even though most of the listed things here are not that graphic intensive).

DEDRICK

Nearly any new laptop will have a GPU capable of 1080p60 GPU encoding(QuickSync for Intel iGPU, NVENC for Nvidia, AMDVCE for AMD APUs), that when used has very little impact on performance. The quality from these encoders has come a long way since your 2011 Intel iGPU, there will be no benefit to using it.

Just make sure to check either QuickSync or NVENC is available before you buy, both Nvidia and Intel have websites that document what features are available for mobile GPU.

Last edited: