Question / Help Webcam freezes randomly

Drakov

Hi!

So today I got my webcam (Logitech C310 HD). My plan is to have a little face cam in one of the corners while the game is running full screen. Like many other Twitch streamers have.
I installed the drivers and everything looked perfectly. Added it as a global source with "Video Capture Device". I didn't change any of the settings there. Just changed the size of it with "Edit Scene". I can see it in the preview stream and it also worked nicely when I did a recording without streaming.

So here's the problem I'm having. When starting to stream the webcam freezes from time to time. While audio and gameplay are still playing without any hick ups. The webcam freeze sometimes last 2+ minutes. And then it runs fine for the next 10 minutes. Very confusing to me.

Someone have an idea what's happening?

I'm streaming with a 2500 bitrate and downscaled 720p (lanczos filter). I got 1 monitor and I'm only streaming games directly from my PC. The webcam resolution is set to 1,2 Megapixels but I can adjust that.

Last edited:

Drakov

Okay I turned the webcam resolution down to 320x240 (in the webcam software). And then I changed the webcam settings in OBS also to 320x240 using the custom resolution.

I THINK it helped. We'll report again later after more testing.

Drakov

Yes turning down the webcam resolution helped. Just some tiny freezes for 1-2 secs sometimes but that's allright for now.

Amet21

Yes turning down the webcam resolution helped. Just some tiny freezes for 1-2 secs sometimes but that's allright for now.
Hey Drakov, can you tell me your PC spec to me?
Because Im planning to buy logitech c310 too and want to stream.
Is it really logitech c310 cant support to stream on 720p?
Its a shame because the reason I want to buy it because of it 720p feature.