Question / Help Webcam Black Screen/Not Showing

Matthew Gordon

Hello,

I have been streaming for a while now and it has been absolutely fine, but for some reason when I turned my stream on today my Webcam is just not being picked up at all.

Webcam: Logitech C920
Log file: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/efc65ae15f33d2acb5b4e032151940fa

I have already attempted the following;

- Changing USB Port
- Testing the webcam elsewhere (Skype/Logitech Software) and it works fine
- Reinstalling the driver via Device Manager (and also searching for the latest driver)
- Reinstalling OBS Studio and checked for updates
- Followed advice on a video and changed resolution from custom back to 1920 x 1080
- Disabled antivirus just in case
- Checked for Windows Updates
- Making a new scene (Video capture device)
- Tried with OBS Classic (Didn't work either, black screen shown)

On the properties of the Webcam the Device along with the FPS and Video Format are Red and the preview box doesn't show anything at all. It's also worth nothing that my Webcam light doesn't appear at all in OBS yet when I preview the webcam in alternative software it turns on perfectly, but when I first open OBS Studio the light flickers for half a second then turns off.

If anyone is able to assist with this it would be most appreciated, as I have run out of ideas and it's frustrating the hell out of me!

Kind regards,

Matthew

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    69.1 KB · Views: 849

Peps

I had the same problem and I fixed it by making a new Video Capture Device source for the webcam. It had the same settings, but now it worked.

SumDim

My gut feeling is there is a problem with OBS Studio setting of Logitech properties. That what you see in the Logitech Gaming Framework dialog box and in OBS Studio Configure Video dialog box may look to be the same settings, but they are not syncing down to the hardware.