WASD Vision

Free WASD Vision 1.1.0

fl0psy

fl0psy submitted a new resource:

WASD Vision - A keyboard and mouse overlay for streamers

desktop.png

FAQ

Q: What does it do?
A: Displays an on-screen keyboard and mouse.

Q: Does it do anything else?
A: No.

Q: Will this install anything on my computer?

Q: Will this keep track of what I type?

Q: How do I use this with OBS?
A: You can find instructions here.

Q: Can I show the keyboard...

Read more about this resource...

fl0psy

fl0psy updated WASD Vision with a new update entry:

WASD Vision v1.1

A keyboard and mouse overlay for streamers

desktop.jpg

FAQ

Q: What does WASD Vision do?
A: Displays an on-screen keyboard and mouse for video game streamers.

Q: Does it do anything else?

Q: Will this install anything on my computer?

Q: Will this keep track of what I type?

Q: Can I show the keyboard without the mouse?
A: Yes. OBS recognizes the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

CapoFantasma97

It's a good idea, and I like how you also created a browser preview.
However, it has a series of flaws:
-low resolution, I can literally count the pixels on my screen (1366x768)
-it lacks a feature to move and resize the elements, or at least it seems like so. Moving not only the entire keyboard and the mouse, but even the single keys, and resizing every individual item to your liking (making sure you can set your own value with numbers so you can make each key identical, for example) can make the difference between a cluttering and annoying overlay, and an useful one
-it lacks the majority of the keyboard: even with custom, I am stuck to use up to the 5TGB column of the keyboard. Left handed people like me can't show keystrokes, and also I can't show the other buttons. This program may be perfect for tutorials and such, but with the lack of Ctrl, Shift, Enter, Tab, and a bunch of other keys, you can't really show much. Anyone can understand you move forward because you are pressing W, not many can understand you auto-completed a command by pressing Tab, or executed a particular action because, for example, you have pressed Shift+R

As an extra:
I really don't like the way the keyboard was drawn, and I would like for the stuff to be more detailed and colored when pressed, not just points on them or a bit of offset. By allowing people to customize these elements (you may for example create a scalable spritesheet that people can customize) there is no such issue. Also, by allowing the capable ones to send you their customizations do you can put them in your site or directly in the program, you can benefit a variety and higher quality for the graphics of this overlay.

Kwall24

I agree with CapoFantasma97 on all points. Good idea, but sorry to say it's poor execution. What I'm having trouble with though, is why would you give it a background that's super close to the color of the thing? You need to give the option to set a custom color, both for the background and for the image itself.If I want an orange outline, I shouldn't have to try to key out an orange background, that makes no sense.