Volume Meter for Capture Device, Please!

Lodey

ee8ba212ae57b8d3210090059423c2c4.png

https://gyazo.com/ee8ba212ae57b8d3210090059423c2c4

This is the only reason I'm still using the now defunct Classic, because it has this volume meter that will adjust my capture audio without reducing the volume of everything else coming through my desktop.

The only way to achieve this on Studio is by turning down the OBSS volume in the Windows mixer, which will reduce your volume of all incoming SFX and what have you.

Please add this feature! I want to abandon Classic, but I can't until this is added in (as well as desktop output for videos).

c3r1c3

Studio on the main interface is a slider in the mixer area for each source. You use that to turn down the volume of a device on your stream.

Also in Studio you can send the output to your desktop audio device, the stream or both. Click on the sprocket next to the word "Mixer" and set the Audio Monitoring for that source. (Just make sure to that the settings in the Device Source->Properties->Audio Output Mode is set to "Capture audio only").

Lodey

Okay, I didn't know about that feature, so how do I monitor the video and not have it play through desktop audio as well? My issue is that there is sound doubling up on both the video source and desktop. Do I need to separate them on different channels?

Lodey

Studio on the main interface is a slider in the mixer area for each source. You use that to turn down the volume of a device on your stream.

Also in Studio you can send the output to your desktop audio device, the stream or both. Click on the sprocket next to the word "Mixer" and set the Audio Monitoring for that source. (Just make sure to that the settings in the Device Source->Properties->Audio Output Mode is set to "Capture audio only").

https://gyazo.com/0251ef8ee85e03fb998f5c8296675ab3

Using the mixer, is it possible to output the video's audio to desktop so it doesn't double up?

c3r1c3

If you have the source's audio set to Monitoring only in the mixer, then it should only be heard once.