Question / Help VLC Video Source

Wowee

This source is pretty much necessary for me if i want to stream high quality video, since window capture in OSX is too taxing on the CPU. It's pretty limited in term of functionality though. You can pretty much just start a clip, pause/play until it ends. The latest patch made it possible to assign hotkeys to VLC Video Source which is cool, but for long clips it's pretty key to be able to jump to specific parts imo. I found this old thread talking about video controls for the VLC Video Source and I'm curious if there's any updates regarding this feature: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/control-media-source-playback.27804/

Wowee

Hotkeys are available to assign now, as of 20.1
Yup, I mentioned that. I believe the hotkeys doesn't give you the ability to jump to a specific time in a video though, right? It basically just gives you handy access to the rudimentary functionality play/pause, stop, next, previous.

Narcogen

You wrote:

"This source is pretty much necessary for me if i want to stream high quality video, since window capture in OSX is too taxing on the CPU."​

Display capture is much more performant than window capture. If you use display capture and crop to the window of the application, you avoid the need to use VLC source. You can then use whatever player application you like to skip to the desired timecode.