[HELP] VLC Text Source Scripts & Apps

prodbyshad

Hello Forum,

I am running Windows and ran into some recent troubles when wanting to experiment with Sources inside of OBS. I use VLC as my primary media source (i.e. music, lite animations, etc.) for my broadcast. I went on a hunt to find what solutions would benefit me by displaying a "song title" as a text overlay. I mean the concept is fairly simple when trying to create something so simple (So, I had hoped :X).

If anyone knows of tools, applications, extensions, scripts, tutorial videos, or websites that claim to have a solution for this could you please post a link to this thread? I really need some help lol

Thanks nonetheless,

prodbyshad

anibalaa

hello there!

I am interested in that thing. For example, I want to view text imput from a console window above the rest windows. I am looking for "source text gdi+" in the forums without much help.
Outside this website I am looking how to achieve this. For example, there is a function in c that manages the buffer into cmd console of Win: CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO
More info if you are developer:

The thing is if we could conect a source to OBS to read commands or raw text, I am in.

Thank you. Regards

anibalaa