Question / Help Viewers can't hear any game sounds or music when streaming

Trevor Knight

So people watching me stream on twitch can't hear any of my game sounds or music. I know putting my speakers as the default sound device will let them hear, but then I can't hear any game sounds through my headset if I do. Is there a way I can set it up so my default device for OBS is my head set? I've tried changing the audio setting to my head set, but obs always crashes or something once i try and use it with that setting. I'm using v0.625b- 32bit of OBS. My headset is a Razer Kraken, if it helps.

dacoder

So people watching me stream on twitch can't hear any of my game sounds or music. I know putting my speakers as the default sound device will let them hear, but then I can't hear any game sounds through my headset if I do. Is there a way I can set it up so my default device for OBS is my head set? I've tried changing the audio setting to my head set, but obs always crashes or something once i try and use it with that setting. I'm using v0.625b- 32bit of OBS. My headset is a Razer Kraken, if it helps.

Set in windows's audio tab your headphones to the default device, then set OBS to default device. Its that simple.
Also: try not to use front jacks, they are less quality, and change the default device without asking.

Trevor Knight

my head set is set to be the default, and i set OBS to default but get "cannont initialize desktop audio sound, more info in the log file" then OBS shuts down.

dacoder

my head set is set to be the default, and i set OBS to default but get "cannont initialize desktop audio sound, more info in the log file" then OBS shuts down.

hmm, then set what ever you set to default to the audio device in OBS, should work still

Roy

Hello everyone I was having the same issue and this thread helped out a lot. Now I've got a new question.

I shoot and hear the shot a second or 2 later. What is it I need to do to fix this problem. I know I have to adjust the audio mixer and I believe it would be the desktop, because of the setup in this thread. I've tried to adjust and I'm failing was looking for help. Thanks