Resource icon

Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

Faruton

Developer
Re: Video source plugin (1.0-17 2013/8/1)

Unfortunately gapless video is difficult to get right. The easy solution is to encode long loops at the moment

seawave

Faruton said:
I'll think about adding chrome key shaders.. but just out of curiosity.. why wouldn't quicktime+alpha work?

I finally succeeded in do it via quicktime, but the video does not read this in obs.
I opened a topic in Help and questions, I hope you can help me.

seawave

Faruton said:
I responded, I was able to play it without issue

it works for you, that's good!
but for me its not working, how did you do step by step?

Faruton

Developer

That.. is a mystery... you might try copying the directory again and confirm that plugins directory exists and is accessible inside the VideoSourcePlugin directory

Does it play any movies?

To be safe, delete the directory and redownload/install

seawave

i don't understand :x (sorry i'm french x))

edit:
ok, i go desinstall and reinstall now ... but my other video (.avi) it's ok ! :/

Faruton

Developer

It seems to use quicktime and looks for QuickTime.qts and qtmlClient.dll.. do you have Quicktime installed?

seawave

yes i have quicktime 7.x installed !

but, thanks you very much faruton !! it works perfectly after a reinstallation !!
I still do not know or had the problem, but it is fixed !

good job ! ^^

Lilek

HI guys, i love this plugin it makes my streams more nice :) but I have little problem sometimes in my vid with sound this sound freez like for 1/10 sec .. you can see in OBS how green bar detecting your sound is going down and after this freez going back to normal..I would be happy for any advice :) and once again thanks for this awesome plugin good job

Narom

Video source plugin

What do you do if you downloaded the plugin, copy and pasted the files into your folder but says that I do not have permission from the admin afterwards?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin

Is it telling you that you need to be admin while copying files, or while running OBS after copying the files?

TCi

Nice, looking forward for rtmp support. Great plugin so far.

inzainia

excellent plugin so far, looking forward to the ability to seamlessly loop the same video file over and over without the flash between cycles. I found this by accident and it does almost everything i was doing (video effect wise) with wirecast, but in obs! keep up the good work!