Question / Help Video lag using OBS + Elgato HD 60 S

Enzo Cena

I'm using the Elgato HD60s with OBS. I'm very knew to all of this so if I seem like a noob there's the explanation. I wanted to record game play from my xbox one so I bought an elgato and when I use their program it kept completely freezing mid record. A friend/streamer recommended OBS and it fixed the problem! The only thing is ever 15-20 seconds it lags the recording then continues after a 1-2 second brief stop. (My camera does not lag whatsoever on the otherhand) My guess is that its the elgato that is causing all of the issues.

My question is if anyone looks at my log file, is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I need upgrades on my computer perhaps?

Log file: https://gist.github.com/fb95256705c399adc128bd73af24939c

Ohem

I assume you're using USB 3.0 for the Elgato.

Use NVENC, otherwise try "x264 Low CPU usage". Then try different bitrates, the presets (Recording Quality) should suffice for experimentation and find the sweetspot.

Clear out your scene from everything but the capture card to rule out the issue, then add sources incrementally.

Sollicitus

I assume you're using USB 3.0 for the Elgato.

Use NVENC, otherwise try "x264 Low CPU usage". Then try different bitrates, the presets (Recording Quality) should suffice for experimentation and find the sweetspot.

Clear out your scene from everything but the capture card to rule out the issue, then add sources incrementally.

Does using the USB 3.0 matter?