Question / Help Using a oneplus 7 pro for audio and video streaming via OBS

Bartjunited

hi there I would like to use my oneplus 7 pro to stream via obs and FB for music
I use the phone without any problems on FB and would like to use OBS to improve the experience and to add charity donation links on screen
I have seen how I can use my phone as a webcam using 3rd party services like ivcam or iriun or epocam but I cant seem to figure out how to use the audio from the phone as well as the video.
when i connect the phone successfully I get no interaction on the vu meter in the mixer, all the default audio settings for the laptop are disabled as i dont want noise from the laptop and only what is being picked up by the phones mic
the audio quality when just using the phone is very good and much better than trying to use the mic on my laptop.
please help as i feel im going around in circles with this
TIA Bart

louspinuso

How are you connecting your phone to OBS? I was having a similar problem (with both my oneplus 6T and my google pixel 4xl) using IP Webcam until I found this little tidbit:

Here is the list of IP Webcam service URLs:
So what I wound up doing is setting up 2 VLC Video Sources, one with the URL for video (which in my case was http://192.168.1.35:8080/video) and one for Audio (http://192.168.1.35:8080/audio.wav) and that's how I got audio in with my video off my phones. Hope this helped.

Bartjunited

So I was connecting my phone to OBS on my windows laptop using 1st WiFi and then 2nd via USB.

However I have given up as

The video stream using this via my i7 laptop was poor as it was really jerky

And I managed to get the audio from the phone using Virtual Mix Plus, BUT for some reason the day I tried to do it live the phones mic didn't respond so I ended up using an external mic plugged into the laptop which wasn't Great.

That plus the video stream wasn't Great and to top it off my other laptop which was running rekordbox to play music from struggled like crazy so I ended up crashing the whole thing and just wenf back to using the phone

louspinuso

sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I pretty much just started using this to test to see if I could use it to record while I work on things in my garage in order to use a separate audio source cause the audio on the GoPro I have is terrible. I haven't actually tested it yet, just learning how to use it, but the initial tests of recording seem pretty OK. I"ll have to test recording from within my garage to see how well it works.

Hopefully I don't have to find yet another new method