Question / Help Upgrade to win 7 to 10 audio issue

Okay so I did a upgrade to Windows 10 everything went sign all my games work sign OBS opens up time is it at rest recording and I'm not getting any audio from my microphone recorded. Its registering because the mic meter with the vol control bar is picking me up so it's working but I just don't hear it on the recording or in my headphones monitoring purpose. the test recordings i am doing for the sound, I'm running DC Universe Online the game volume perfectly that's it. I know my typing is a bit word salad but I'm doing voice to text so if you can bear with me lol, I have a microphone hooked into the rear microphone port on my PC and I tested it as I said it's working when I do the test I don't I know too much about I had it working well enough on Windows 7 like I said that's my problem right now no voice is being recorded but it's clearly being registered because the bar is moving when I'm talking.
In total I just need help having everything monitored out of my headset even my voice that isn't working I have the correct check boxes Advanced Audio properties desktop audio and mic/aux. Also i dont have a external soundboard atm im totally software based, other then my camera , mic and headset. But if someone knows what to do or has a good video link. The main rhing i want fixed is my mic being recorded. I started streaming a week ago and things have been going very well when it comes to gameplay and having people hear me, I need to figure this out though so I can stream please help oh, I have Discord if you can help me and would like to DM in Discord or do you have a channel for something like this please let me know so I can join, thank you so everyone who reads this LOL sorry for the bad punctuation and typing. I will reply with the log info