"Updated" YouTube Chat-Room Captures

All Versions "Updated" YouTube Chat-Room Captures

ShitSun

ShitSun submitted a new resource:

World first "Twitch-Like" YouTube Chat-Room Captures - by using CLR plugin only, no more installation

I've search for a long time but there's still nothing that can capture the YouTube chat-room on the live screen like what KapChat does for Twitch chat-room. Then I developed a solution by using the same methods as KapChat in CLR Browser, then it works!!!

Features:
  • Transparent background
  • Supports Emotes
  • Chat Tags
  • Deleted Messages
  • Customizable Themes
  • Full CSS support (for advanced users)
  • Use CLR Browser only, no more installation

Read more about this resource...

User123

Thanks for making this. After previewing it for a few minutes, I noticed the chat disappeared and displayed the following message: "Due to high volume, comment loading is disabled..."

I will try to reproduce it and give you an update.
It may have happened while switching scenes or while I was turning on/off Enable View during the Preview.

ShitSun

Thanks for making this. After previewing it for a few minutes, I noticed the chat disappeared and displayed the following message: "Due to high volume, comment loading is disabled..."

I will try to reproduce it and give you an update.
It may have happened while switching scenes or while I was turning on/off Enable View during the Preview.

Thank you for your reply.
It seems that it is a message which we should hide it, and we didn't test for high volume.
(Maybe YouTube can't support too many comments.)
We are going to solve this, the update is coming soon. (It's not a big problem)

p.s. maybe you can captures a screenshot for that moment, it may help us a lot~~

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes. HaHa~

Last edited:

hailbloocifer

I'm a little miffed to see this labelled "World's First" -- It isn't.

While it's definitely nice to see that transparent background is possible in CLR Browser for chat, I'm disappointed that even using !important and @import does not manage to change the font in CLR Browser's CSS editor. I also notice that the colored bars along the side for moderators/streamer are still distractingly visible.

User123

Thank you for your reply.
It seems that it is a message which we should hide it, and we didn't test for high volume.
(Maybe YouTube can't support too many comments.)
We are going to solve this, the update is coming soon. (It's not a big problem)

p.s. maybe you can captures a screenshot for that moment, it may help us a lot~~

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes. HaHa~

I've been trying to reproduce the problem but it looks like it may have been a problem on YouTube's side. If I do come across the issue again, I will make sure to have a screenshot.

ShitSun

I've been trying to reproduce the problem but it looks like it may have been a problem on YouTube's side. If I do come across the issue again, I will make sure to have a screenshot.
I've updated my code to v2.0, you may check that is there any problem~

Teek

Recently, it seems that YouTube chat triggers a notification box that says "Watch this live on YouTube Gaming."

Is there some sort of code to use to keep this from coming up?

Kougeru

Is is possible to make it hide inactive chat automatically and then reappear when someone posts? I've seen some twitch people do something similar (I have no idea what plugin they use for twitch, as I don't use twitch), and thought it would be a nice feature to have since it frees up screen space when chat is slow.

amsyar ZeRo

Try using the filters.Maybe you would want this:
1.Type some messages(optional,for checking)
2.Using the crop filter,crop until there's only the number of messages you want to be shown.

Also,for screen space,maybe you could try using Chroma Key like in my stream(no CSS).

Steps:
1.Put the chat and re-size it to whatever you want.
2.Right-click the Browser Source and select the 'Filters' option.
3.Click the '+' sign and choose Chroma Key(name it whatever you want)
4.At the colour section,pick 'Custom' and select the colour of your chat window(white4youtube,black4gaming)
5.Set similarity and smoothness to 0
6.Set opacity(transparency) to whatever you like(lower=more transparent)

Sam Betteridge

Chat screengrab.jpg

Is there any way I can reduce the gap between the username and message shown in the picture of my test above?

Thanks so much for making this btw!