Bug Report Unresponsive mouse and strange beep noise.

Riddya

I started streaming with OBS recently, I tested it for a couple of days and everything seemed to be alright.
Until I started streaming League of Legends.

This seems to happen with the Monitor Capture mode only. When I try to stream LoL with the Monitor Capture mode everytime a new game starts (about 2 or 3 minutes later) my mouse stops working properly, I still can move it, but when I click anywhere nothing happens and I can hear a BEEP.

The pc is not freezed, the keyboard works fine, I can tab and even open the task manager perfectly, my cpu is not overloaded, not even at 50%, neither the RAM is. But even if i close everything and wait a couple of minutes the only way to get the mouse back to normal is rebooting the computer.

The funny thing is that when my pc is on again I can stream on Monitor Capture and continue my game and it wont fail, until I start a new LoL game.

Browsing on the internet seems to be a quite normal issue, but i can't find any solutions.

Here is a video with the same issue i have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddun9389HVU

My PC specs:

-Win 7 Ultimate 64bits
- Asus H87M Plus
-Intel Core I5-4570 3.2Ghz
-GeForce GTX 650 Ti
- x2 Kingston HyperX Fury Red DDR3 4GB

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This is usually hardware / driver related. Make sure all your drivers are up to date and remove as much 3rd party interference as possible (security software, mouse / keyboard macro drivers, etc)

Riddya

My actual PC is new (about a month new) so i think drivers must be up to date and I'm not using macros.
I will check for new drivers anyway and try again.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
In any case you should avoid using monitor capture and use game capture, it may work around the issue.

Riddya

I think I have found what was causing the problem, at least for me.
All my drivers where up to date, and I tried streaming with everything that was not necesary closed, the problem was still there.
So I realized I still had Hamachi on, and because I was so desperate I closed it... and no more problems.
I don't know why, but with Hamachi closed the problem disapeared and I can stream normaly again.

Any clues why this is happening?

KaceyBabyy

I have the same issue. This PC is only 2 months old (I checked and the drivers are indeed up to date) I don't use macros. I don't get the -beep- noise but the mouse just won't move for a second or so. I don't use Hamachi (?). I also use Game capture, not monitor. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Also, I was told to post a 'log file' I could have done this wrong since I've never tried to look at a log file but this is what I copied. https://gist.github.com/b6d160c0c0a9edc2e793
EDIT: Thought I should mention that I have no problems with my mouse or keyboard until I start streaming (no problems just having OBS open) and I just realized that my keyboard also stops with the mouse instead of just the mouse pausing.

Last edited:
Hello !

I have exactly the same problem and I noticed last 2 time that I was streaming with OBS.
Then I found your post on OBS forum (what a coincidence) and It was just to know if you finally find what was wrong, because I don't have hamachi on my computer so there's no chance it would cause my problem.

I tryed to update all my drivers with Driver Booster, it was working till today so that was not the problem.

Thank you for your further answer !

Nikkiegm

I kind of have a similar problem but I just got a new computer so i had to reinstall everything, so i did. Then i got OBS like I did last time but now its beeping! It never did this before and I've been using it for a long time! Please help, I did what I could but nothing is working, I tried uninstalling it but that also didn't work please help! I love using this software. And it usually happens randomly, I hear a beep then i cant move my mouse at all! Sometimes it doesn't stop beeping making it so i cant use my mouse and having to reset or i have to have to shake my mouse to fix it. Please reply, Thank you.

Philip ash

Hi found this thread on google and I have the same problem exactly the same problem, but with mine it usually happens when my Xbox one controller becomes disconnected.