Question / Help Unable to Stream to youtube gaming

Tekuzo

When youtube gaming first launched I was able to use the service without any issue, then suddently last week I seem to be unable to stream to youtube gaming anymore.

OBS gives me the error that it is unable to connect to the server rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2

I am still able to stream to twitch without any issues, this only seems to be affecting youtube gaming.

Anybody else having issues streaming to youtube gaming? I have attached the log from my most recent attempt

Attachments

• 2015-09-14 09-23-29.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 354

Tekuzo

Just reset the stream key, OBS still gave me the "failed to connect to server" error message

Attachments

• 2015-09-14 12-02-48.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 135

Gol D. Ace

Yeah the error you're getting means you actually can't connect to the server.
When Twitch is working but YouTube not in the same program (not caused by Streamkey) I don't really know what to recommend here.

You can't try different Servers like on Twitch.

Tekuzo

Ya, i would like to try a different server, but I don't think that youtube gaming lets users do that.
Looks like I will just stick with Twitch for a while and maybe check back later.

Tekuzo

ok, looks like it might be a dns issue, ill see what I can do to fix it. now i feel really dumb.

Tekuzo

yup, switching dns providers fixed the issue.

I was using Google DNS in my router, 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 and that was causing the issue.
I switched to the dns service offered by my ISP and everything is working great now.