Unable to send studio one 5 audio to obs

Avishek804

I tried using voicemeter using voice meter I'm getting audio in obs but can't get audio of connected mic or guitar. So real-time audio is not coming to obs. The input meter during the monitor (in studio one) does not show any movement. If I try to monitor mic or guitar while I'm playing any pre-record music on daw there is a noise (headphone or speaker)

I tried connecting studio one with restream as well but that does not work either. I have put it on the master bus and added a different sound input divide in obs audio input and used restream receiver as vst plugin but not working.

I tried using Voxengo recorder same result as voicemeter, except this time if I use mic I can see the input meter move in daw but noting in obs

i also tried using asio link pro I don't get any audio in obs realtime or recorded.

please help me set it up.

Attachments

• reastream in obs.jpg
    reastream in obs.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 88
  • restream in daw.jpg
    restream in daw.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 88

Lawrence_SoCal

Did you ever resolve this?
I have a Presonus AR12 USB mixer, and a Studio One v5 Artist license, and would love to use digital out of the mixer, have channel control (DAW) (in Studio One) on streaming PC, and output that to OBS.... but no... argh

I've heard Listen Bus might be the ticket, but that requires the Studio One v5 Pro license (and I don't need anything else that comes with Pro). And spending $200+ extra for Pro just to get Listen Bus seems wasteful to me
I'm a Keep it simple advocate, so a physical or virtual loopback seems like simply yet something else to worry about (possibly malfunction), but using a sub-out analog connection to PC is something we really don't want.

So I'm interested in the latest thinking/approach to this. Is a virtual loopback effectively still required?
I seem to recall one of the issues being OBS using Windows WDM for audio, but Studio One not offering such output (latency or ?? reasons). Is there an audio DAW consensus/standard multi-channel/track output (ASIO?) that one needs an OBS plug-in for? or ??

Lawrence_SoCal

Anyone have updated recommendations for StudioOne v5 output to OBS on Windows PC?
In the Presonus forums, a couple of folks have asked this, but the answer comes offline and I've yet to see the details posted

adrisdead

Hey, it´s been a while but here´s what I do:

The best solution for me was to use Asio Link Pro. I did not understand how to make it work but trust me, it works like a charm for streaming.

All you need is in this link: https://give.academy/downloads/2018/03/03/ODeusASIOLinkPro/

Just download the Installer and the patches. Install it and apply both patches. Reboot.

Once installed (if you have trouble in this process you can watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxxVmvcaSTs or ask me anything you want) just go to Studio One and select "Asio Link Pro" as your audio device. Then the Asio Link Pro windows will pop up and ask you what interface to use. Just select yours (mine is a Scarlett 2i2).

Then go to OBS and add an Audio Input Capture source, name it "DAW" or something like that. Then search for "Mix 01 (ASIOVADPRO Driver)". Now you have a source with all the audio coming from Studio One.

Hope it works for you too