Question / Help Sync Issue with Multiple iOS Video Stream over WIFI Captured by OBS

simspace

I am having a video sync issue when OBS captures multiple live iOS video streams, until I restart OBS while the streams are still running.

Is there a way to keep multiple live iOS video streams in sync without having to restart OBS?

Steps to reproduce the problem:
  1. Start OBS first
  2. Start streaming on iPhone 5
  3. Start streaming on iPhone 6
  4. VIdeo streams are not in sync.
Steps to resolve the problem:
  1. Re-start OBS while the iOS devices are still streaming, then the videos sync up.
Below is a video that shows the problem I am having.
Each iOS device is a VLC Video source within an OBS scene.
Note how the iPhone 5 (on the right) is in sync with the audio, while the iPhone 6 (on the left) is not.
I started the iPhone 5 stream first, then I started the iPhone 6 stream.
Later in the video (at 1:52), I restart OBS while the streams are still running, and the streams are in sync.

Last edited:

Narcogen

What happens if you make one scene with both video inputs in it, and then enable or disable the inputs on the fly?

simspace

What happens if you make one scene with both video inputs in it, and then enable or disable the inputs on the fly?
@Narcogen, Tried it. Same problem.
The reason I use scenes is to apply transition effects like quick crossfades when switching camera angles.
I don't believe that works with sources in the same scene.

Last edited:

simspace

Fortunately I can work around this issue. I just need to start all iOS streams first, before starting OBS.
The big concern is, if an iOS stream has to be restarted in the middle of our show, then that iOS stream will be out of sync.
It would be nice to figure out a way of resolving this issue.