Surround Sound and 24 bit support.

Bensam123

I noticed in the logs it mentions that AAC is encoding in 7.1? I actually play games with a 7.1 surround sound setup. Is it possible to stream in surround sound? If so is that a possible feature that could be looked at for OBS? I think it would actually be a really interesting feature to differentiate users (since a lot of streamers are headphone users). Surround sound adds quite a bit to a gaming experience and most people don't realize it or have the option to experience it.

I also don't know if AAC is 16 or 24 bit, is it possible to get 24 bit support?

Looking at the AAC specification, 96khz support would be nice too... A lot of common audio chipsets can support this.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
AAC isn't encoding in 7.1, it has to downmix to 2.0 before sending it off to the stream. the 7.1 I use by the way is completely experimental, I'm still not even entirely sure if I'm using the right speaker downmix coefficients for it. streaming in surround sound currently isn't possible with the current version of the RTMP protocol. I don't know if 24bit is supported either, but I agree it would be nice.

Bensam123

Ah, neat! Well if my viewers have been getting weird audio, they haven't said anything. I guess you don't know if the world is reversed unless you have something to compare it to. XD