Suggestion: Choseable network device for streaming

Jipatsu

Hello,

I do not know would this be possible to code in to the program or as an plug-in. But it would be nice feature to be able to choose which network adapter you use for streaming. As I have mentioned in irc, I have limited upload bandwidth now and I am married with the contractor for atleast 8 months and nothing I can really do with that at this moment and I am struggling with the ping rate going too high with streaming which then hampers my racing. Still I have a great desire to stream my iRacing races.

I have 3g connection which seems to have higher upload than my adsl at this moment and that is the reason I am writing this suggestion.

There is a small application called ForceBindIP but I could not get it to work. I think it has something to do with that I run 64bit win7 and 64bit OBS.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks for reading!

Jipatsu

Muf said:
Have you tried ForceBindIP with the 32-bit version of OBS?

Yes, I tried that too and it said the same thing as with the 64bit. "ForceBindIP was not correctly installed, c:\windows\system32\bindip.dll not found." Eventhouhg that .dll is in that folder.

Muf

Forum Moderator
Try putting bindip.dll in SysWOW64, and then trying the 32-bit version of OBS again.

Jipatsu

Muf said:
Try putting bindip.dll in SysWOW64, and then trying the 32-bit version of OBS again.

OBS 32- and 64bit both launched now. Thanks for this tip. I will try it out now how it works and can I use my 3g connection for streaming only.

Still, somekind of plugin of feature of this kind in the OBS itself would be a nice feature. :)

edit.

Said too early. Now the OBS shows all the buttons as "(string not found)" when started up with ForceBindIP

Muf

Forum Moderator
Jipatsu said:
Said too early. Now the OBS shows all the buttons as "(string not found)" when started up with ForceBindIP
That happens when "start in" is not set to OBS' installation folder (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS").