Question / Help Stuttering in/out audio when OBS is opened

EnforcerZhukov

OBS version: 19.0.2
PC Specs: AMD Phenom ii x6 1045t, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970

Hi all, just installed OBS on my Ubuntu rig for recording the screen, but I'm dealing with a weird problem with the sound. I want to record the microphone, but it's recorded like laggy, with stuttering (I can upload an audio test somewhere if it helps). Interesting thing is that it happens outside OBS too; for example, if I play music or a Youtube video while OBS is opened (but no recording), the output audio that sounds through the speakers have this problem too. Also capturing audio with other software shows the same problem, but as soon as I close OBS, everything comes back to normal, and audio capturing is OK.

I tried several things, starting with appending ALSA and Pulseaudio in Sources, disabling the desktop preview in OBS... nothing worked. Neither found nothing searching for similar problems.

Thanks in advance.

EnforcerZhukov

Hi, thanks for your answer. I'm not sure it's a system related issue, but I already tried the Pulseaudio stuff told on that link with no results. As I said, it only happens with OBS. In fact, after posting here I downloaded and tried Simple Screen Recorder (SSR) and worked fine - but anyway I'd rather use OBS, I like its interface :D

Can you post a log file that maybe shows the problem, it will give people here more info to go on. I've used OBS since 0.16 on Ubuntu 16.04 and 16.10, and haven't experienced any audio issues. I'm using a USB mixer via ALSA as input, but even with the built in mic no issues. Log file may help.