Question / Help Streaming problems with Gsync. Drop frames

yomaltes

HI,
I hope we can fix this. Let me explain you my issues. Monitor Gsync 165hz and mostly all my games run over 100frames except tom raider or few games but always more than 60frames. I fancy different situations for each game. I always have Gsync active in full and windows mode and I get problems when I triy to stream in OBS. Nvidia shadowplay does not have this problem. My settings for streaming are 1080f/60f 9000bitrate,Downscale: Lanczos 32 samples. However I tried lower configurations and the problem persist.
Let me tell you that when I capture the window and play Batman and Overwatch in bordeless mode, the games run at 17fps or less. Then I press alt + enter to get in full screen mode in the game. Then the game runs perfect but OBS does not show the game because I am in windows mode. So I press again alt + enter to go back to windows mode and now everything goes just perfect the game and obs with gsync, it is like a dream come true :)
Well this works with this 2 games and few others. But I have to use different configuratios for each games. Other games does not work at all in windows mode and I had to capture the game in OBS and play in full screen, so and I get 2 different situations.
1. The game goes slow and OBS goes perfect, ot the otherway around.
2. The game goes perfect and OBS and my stream in youtube is very laggy.
I know that it is something with Gsync, the capture mode in OBS, the screen mode in Game affects too plus the high fps performance with the GTX1080.
But as I said each game performance different and it is a hard to now why exactly this is happening and how to fix it. To turn off the g¡Gsync does not seem the solution for me, or neither way to cap the frames in game to 60fps.
I really appreciate any help on this. Or at least to know exactly the procedure to make it work because for sure it is a stupid thing..
I will keep doing more and more test and keep you updates. my twiter is @yomaltes.
Forum OBS:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...aming-problems-with-gsync-drop-frames-in-obs/

Regards

Last edited:

Daniel Henry

did you ever solve this? when i have a game set to borderless it gets 144 FPS but when I open up OBS it goes down to 24fps...if i switch to fullscreen it goes back to 144fps..

I have a gsync swift monitor

yomaltes

did you ever solve this? when i have a game set to borderless it gets 144 FPS but when I open up OBS it goes down to 24fps...if i switch to fullscreen it goes back to 144fps..

I have a gsync swift monitor

H Daniel,

I had find a solution for this isssue when I want to stream. You need to check if it works also for recording. I use nvdia shadowplay for recording my games.

1º You need to capture windows in OBS and play the game in windows mode/bordeless (I use bordeless).

2º Open OBS, Open the game and you get low fps :S

3º You need to set the game in full screen, apply settings and then go back to windows mode/bordeless ode and apply. Then I get high fps and I can stream normally.

NOTE: GTAV just does not work with Gsync and OBS and I have deactivate Gsync for this game when I want to stream.

The issue it is releated with Gsync in windows mode/bordeless, some how when you start OBS it does not recognize the gsync at first, so you need to go to full screen and the go back to windows mode/bordeless, Then OBS and Gsync works correctly.
Im on windows 10. I hope this helps you.

It is correct that I get more fps on full screen but I could not find any other option to make it work.

Best

Yomaltes

Last edited: